PDA

View Full Version : Vergreen/Vergren

Karen Norwillo
02-06-04, 04:48
I just received a copy of the death certificate of my step great-grandmother, Margareta (Greta) Larson. It gives her father's name as Simon Vergreen and mother as Elisabeth Sandro or Sandre. She was born in Vasa, Finland 20 July 1851 and came to the US abt 1890. She died in Crystal Falls, MI 15 June 1931. Do the surnames of parents sound familiar to anyone? I don't think I've seen them before. Karen

staffan
02-06-04, 05:52
Vergreen might be Wörgren and the name is particularly frequent in Vörå. Unfortunately the HisKi database lists christened only until 1850. Simon Johansson Wörgren married to Lisa Johansdotter are likely parents if Vergreen was Wörgren in Vörå.

Regards,

Karen Norwillo
02-06-04, 15:05
Thanks, Staffan. Wörgren was my thought, too. Probably wrote what they heard. Karen

Kaj Granlund
02-06-04, 21:22
Could her name have been Sanden or Sandin. There are Sandins in tha Vasa region but I have no idea how old that name is. I shared appartment with one Sandin during my studies, I will ask him if the name is familiar to him. If it is I'll let you know.

Kerstin
02-06-04, 22:44
Originally posted by Karen Norwillo
I just received a copy of the death certificate of my step great-grandmother, Margareta (Greta) Larson. It gives her father's name as Simon Vergreen and mother as Elisabeth Sandro or Sandre. She was born in Vasa, Finland 20 July 1851 and came to the US abt 1890. She died in Crystal Falls, MI 15 June 1931. Do the surnames of parents sound familiar to anyone? I don't think I've seen them before. Karen

Why was her surname Larson? If her fathers name was Simon, it woud have been Simonsson, woudn`t it?

MVH Kerstin

Karen Norwillo
03-06-04, 01:57
Her surname wasn't Larson, that was her married name. She was married to my maternal great-grandfather John (Jan) Petter Larson/Larsson. I never knew her, as she died before I was born.I did find a Greta Simonsdotter on LDS born to Simon Johansson and Lisa Johansdotter on 20 July 1850. Could be her, date correct except one year off, informant on death certificate could have been wrong. Karen