PDA

View Full Version : Martens: new family

joiner04457
16-07-04, 16:36
I am happy at last to have found my G-grandmothers correct family. Several years ago Ralf Lind helped me with research on my Gabbels family, et al. My Great-grandmother, Stina Evelina, b. 1843 was placed in a Foster home in Vasa; noted, parents unknown but church records showed Abonde. Soooo... naturally I thought she was from the Abonde families. Not true. She was married twice and that was probably her first husband's farm name.

Anyway.... thanks to the wonderful file of research, H. Mangs.... I found: Stina Evelina Johansdtr MARTENS, b. 18 Nov 1843 in Vasa.

My grandparents: Karl O Eriksson Gabbels and Anna Louisa Krut and children traveled back and forth to Finland when my mother was a small child and she remembers her grandmother Stina.

This is a treasure to find my Martens line. I feel so blessed this day and am grateful to the many other researchers who share their information. Thank you all so very much!!!

Sallyann Joiner of Lincoln, Maine, USA

Mother: Sadie I. Erickson, dau of Karl and Anna Erickson of Worcester, Massachusetts.