PDA

View Full Version : Jonas Stolpe

smultrontid
23-07-04, 18:23
Hi. I'm searching for descendants(grandchildren to my grandfather's brother) to a Jonas(John) Stolpe in the USA. He was born on the first of October in 1872 in Solf, Finland. He emigrated to the USA(probably Waukeghan, Illinois) in 1893 on the fourth of April and he died in the USA in 1952 on the 20:th of April.

He was married to an Amanda(family name and birthdate unknown) and had at least two children, Edwin and Emelia. Emelia kept in touch with relatives in Finland during the second World War, but after that we've lost all contact. Is there anyone who knows of this family and their descandants? Thank you in advance. Best regards,

Synnöve Mansikkaniemi.

:confused:

Karen Norwillo
24-07-04, 02:31
Synnöve, Are you sure about Waukegan being Michigan? The only Waukegan I know is in Illinois. Karen

Karen Norwillo
24-07-04, 03:31
I found him in Waukegan, Lake County, Illinois WWI draft registration. Name, birth date and wife match. It looks like he lived on ?House Avenue in Waukegan. I also found him listed on the 1910 census in Waukegan. I didn't have time to search all 69 pages. There are several Stolpes listed on the 1920 and 1930 census, but not in Illinois. I'll keep looking. Karen

smultrontid
24-07-04, 09:22
Originally posted by Karen Norwillo
Synnöve, Are you sure about Waukegan being Michigan? The only Waukegan I know is in Illinois. Karen
I'm sorry, Waukegan is in Illinois. I did not observed that my son wrote Michigan when he corrected my text. Myself I write only bad English.
Thank you!
Synnöve

smultrontid
18-08-04, 09:28
I have to correct Jonas Stolpe's son's name is Edwin not Edward and daugther's name was written Emelia not Emilia.

Regards,Synnöve

smultrontid
04-04-05, 10:23
Hi!
I have now founded that Jonas (or John) Stolpe who died 29 April 1952 in Waukegan Il is mentioned in Leading Star 1952:6. Could someone find that source and tell me what is mentioned there?
I would be very happy!
Synnöve

June Pelo
05-04-05, 00:10
The Swedish Finn Historical Society in Seattle may have that copy of the Leading Star in their archive. The husband of Sue Alskog, former officer of SFHS, had a Jonas Stolpe in his ancestry.

Perhaps Synnöve Forsman is reading this??

June

June Pelo
05-04-05, 00:12
Oops, should have read what I wrote - I meant to say Syrene Forsman (had Synnöve on my mind). :rolleyes:

June

smultrontid
08-04-05, 10:04
For Syrene Forsman, or others, who finds that source, I have got informations that Jona's wife Amanda was borned 1860 (where?), daugther Alicia EMILIA borned 1900 and the son August EDWIN borned 1904. My cousin says that she heared that Jonas wife was Helena, finnish speaking. Perhaps Helena was his second wife because Amanda was so much older. I think Emelia married and got a other surename because nobody knew who sended gifts after World War to the family in Solf. My mother guessed it was she.
With kindly regards
Synnöve

smultrontid
12-07-05, 21:45
I'm trying again. This is photo of Jonas Stolpe's family with friends Nordin.
Up from left: Mr. Nordin, Jonas Stolpe, Amanda Stolpe, mrs, Nordin and sitting from left Emelia Stolpe and Edwin Stolpe.
I think photo is taken in Illinois about 1930, but I'm not sure.

Regards Synnöve

jeanette
13-07-05, 06:55
Hi Synnöve,
At the Illinois Statewide Death Index 1916-1950
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/GenealogyMWeb/idphdeathsrch.html
I found the following death listing
STOLPE AMANDA | Sex/Race N/S |Age UNK |Cert No# 0000129 |Death Date 1938-09-02 |County LA SALLE | City WAUKEGAN

The site also has a marriage index 1763-1900 but not all counties records are included on it.

Jeanette

smultrontid
13-07-05, 09:46
Hi!
Thanks for that. I think this Amanda is my uncle's wife. I'm trying again to send the photo of the Stolpe family with friends mr and mrs Nordin. Actually I think mrs Nordin is Amanda's sister. Anyone who knows them?
Regards
Synnöve