PDA

View Full Version : Hirvilammi/Hirvilampi

Karen Norwillo
08-09-04, 17:49
I am trying to help a friend find the name of her gggrandmother. Her ggrandfather was Johan (John) Hirvilammi/Hirvilampi/Lampi born about 1875 in Ylistaro to Johan Hirvilammi and ? Her ggrandfather emigrated to Michigan. He married his cousin Isak Hirvilammi's widow Maria. They had two sons, Juho and Eino. He also raised her two children from Isak. They settled in Amasa. Can anyone help? Karen

hlampi
08-09-04, 19:02
Hi, I'm that friend :)

What I'm mainly looking for is Johhan Hirvilammi's (Hirvilampi) wife's name. He was born in 1849 in Ylistaro, had children John, Sophie & Edla - I am also looking for any info of Sophie & Edla as well. He was listed as a widower on his passport in the early 1900s so I'm not sure when his spouse passed away. I've searched through the parish records on hiski but they only go up to 1862 for Ylistaro. If anyone with access to these records after 1862 could please look up any of this information, I would greatly appreciate it!

And thanks to Karen for helping me too!

anastom
09-09-04, 08:57
Hi,

According to HISKI (http://www.genealogia.fi/hiski) there is on Johannes born in Ylistaro, Hirvilammi farm, 1849. Father Isak Erss. Uppa and mother Justina Herm.dr (25-30 years).

regards
Tommy

Karen Norwillo
09-09-04, 21:14
Holly, I also found the marriage record for an Isak Ericsson of Seinšjoki village, Uppa farm to Justina Hermansdotter Hirvilammi of Kauk village on 17 Dec 1841. Karen

hlampi
09-09-04, 21:46
New development, sorry to drive ya'all crazy. Apprarently I'm looking for a John Hirvilammi born in 1844, rather than 1849. There looks like there were two in Ylistaro born around the same time but I can't find any info for John b. 1844. Why on why did everyone name their children the same name? Don't they know they're making my search difficult? *L* ;)

hlampi
09-09-04, 21:51
Last name Hirvilammi
Search in other databases

Passport records

Reference records
This is the one I'm looking for info. on -
Australian Finns

First names Juho
Age or age group 64
Port of departure Hanko
Place of destination Amasa
State of destination MI
Country of destination USA
Price of ticket FIM 323
Ship from Finland Arcturus
Date of departure from Finland 04.03.1908
Ship from England Victorian
Date of departure from England 13.03.1908
Ocean Line Allan Line
Port of departure in England *
List and page 68/2
Remarks Seinšjoki!

jeanette
10-09-04, 11:16
Hi Holly,

Welcome to Sfhs.
On the Heritage Quest cd title above I found a listing which might be the son of the man you are seeking. If Juho was living with his son at the time of the census he wouldn't be listed separately as the cd only lists heads of household unless the surname is different.

HIVILAMPI JOHN JR 34 M FINLAND IRON HEMATITE TWP 652 1 30 B MI

HIVILAMPI HILDA 25 F FINLAND IRON HEMATITE TWP 652 1 26 A MI

I found this address linking Amasa and Hermatite Twp at
http://www.rootsweb.com/~miiron/maps.htm

Hematite Twp
PO Box 67
Amasa, MI
49903-0067

There were other listings for Lammi and Lampi if these are not yours.

Best wishes
Jeanette

Karen Norwillo
10-09-04, 19:23
From that 1910 census..Amasa, Hematite Township, Iron Cty, MI. lines 51-54, image 15 of 24, Hirvilampi, John Jr. head, age 34 married 1 yr. emigrated 1899, farmer, general farm....Mary, wife, age 30, married 1 yr. 1 child, 1 living....Hillia, daughter, age 3....Hirvilampi, John Sr. Father, age 60, Widowed, emigrated 1902, farmer. No mention of the other daughter of Isak.That age 60 would have his DOB 1849-50.
The Hilda Hirvilampi is the one I told you about previously. She is listed as a sister-in-law in the home of Otto and Sofia ?Kineman?

hlampi
10-09-04, 22:42
Hi Jeanette & Karen, thanks for much for the info. Hilda is my g. grandfather's sister - I believe her real name is Mathilda..

Karen- that is such helpful info!! I had no idea John Sr. lived with them in Amasa, he must have moved there after his wife died.. So apparently I was right in the first place, he was born in 1849-1850 - somebody told me conflicting info... This is very informative, thanks so much!