PDA

View Full Version : Smabonders

Carolyn Nelson
12-10-04, 22:10
I would love to chat with anyone who has relatives that came from the Smabonders area south of Terjarv. We are from the "Manderbacka" family and just recently took a drive up the roads there. If anyone knows people who live there or is from there I would like to "meet" you.

June Pelo
12-10-04, 23:56
Carolyn,

I have several articles in Delphi about Terjärv, including Småbonders. You can find them in my collection at:
http://sfhs.eget.net/wikiarticlecollection.html

#108, 109, 188 and 157. I also have a long article about the origin of the Papas family group at Småbonders (Furu), not online, that I can send to you, if you're interested.

June

syrene
13-10-04, 07:11
Hi Carolyn,
(Saw your dad at the Scandinavian Heritage Festival in Puyallup on Sunday!)
Don guided his cousin, descended from Reinhold Andersson (her ggfather) around Terjärv in September. She wanted to see where her father had been born (Sunabacka farm), where he had gone to school (Terjärv), the Terjärv church, the old pastor's manor where his confirmation class (skriftskola) had been held, and the hembygdsmuseum. The centerpiece in the museum was her ggmother's birthplace: Rosa Nybacka or Nykanen from Småbönders. Another day, Don and I were in the Kokkola library's Hembygdssamling, and found Vetil church records copied out, as well as a collection of photos of all the farm homes in Småbönders. Manderbacka was the home from which Rosa's family had descended. Made xerox copies for her.

Regards,
Syrene

Hasse
13-10-04, 09:48
Originally posted by Carolyn Nelson
I would love to chat with anyone who has relatives that came from the Smabonders area south of Terjarv. We are from the "Manderbacka" family and just recently took a drive up the roads there. If anyone knows people who live there or is from there I would like to "meet" you.

Leo Furu on this forum is born in Småbönders and surely knows about more or less all the farms in the village and their history.