PDA

View Full Version : Hinds and Gullmes Family Search by Amy Lear

finlander
14-09-03, 15:32
Greetings,
I am looking for living relatives / descendants of the family of Hinds and Gullmes from locations in and/or around Kristiian Kaupunki, Tjoeck, Vaasa.
My great great grandfather is believed to be Eric Henrik Josefsson Hinds b. May 19, 1851
Son of Josef Mattsson Hinds (d. September 3, 1855) and Anna Caisa Gustafsdr (b. October 31, 1821 in Lappfjaerd, Vaasa) (One recorded last name sounds like Kovyson. Parents were listed as farmers.
Eric Henrik Josefsson Hinds possibly came to America around 1880. Was possibly first married to an Ella or Edla Gullmes then to a Maria Sofia Josefsdotter Niemi (b. July 21, 1866 in Mortmark, Vaasa)
When Eric Henrik came to America he possibly hanged his name to Henry Nelson. He returned to Finland to bring his family to America possibly around 1888. In America he worked in the local quarries as a stone cutter.
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Amy Lear
amy.lear%40midcoastmaine.net

Gunnel
14-09-03, 17:25
To Amy!

I have some information of the Hinds family, Josef Mattsson Hinds, his parents, and also of Caisa Gustafsdotter and her parents.

Eric Henrik Josefsson Hinds had a brother, Johan Joseffson who is a relative to my husband!

Give me some days and I will be back!

Kind regards,
Gunnel from Finland

Gunnel
21-09-03, 15:08
Originally posted by finlander
Greetings,
I am looking for living relatives / descendants of the family of Hinds and Gullmes from locations in and/or around Kristiian Kaupunki, Tjoeck, Vaasa.
My great great grandfather is believed to be Eric Henrik Josefsson Hinds b. May 19, 1851
Son of Josef Mattsson Hinds (d. September 3, 1855) and Anna Caisa Gustafsdr (b. October 31, 1821 in Lappfjaerd, Vaasa) (One recorded last name sounds like Kovyson. Parents were listed as farmers.
Eric Henrik Josefsson Hinds possibly came to America around 1880. Was possibly first married to an Ella or Edla Gullmes then to a Maria Sofia Josefsdotter Niemi (b. July 21, 1866 in Mortmark, Vaasa)
When Eric Henrik came to America he possibly hanged his name to Henry Nelson. He returned to Finland to bring his family to America possibly around 1888. In America he worked in the local quarries as a stone cutter.
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Amy Lear
amy.lear%40midcoastmaine.net

Amy!

Did you receive the message I sent you privately?

Gunnel