PDA

View Full Version : Indola, Pulkinen, Saari

Turbogus
21-10-04, 17:17
Hei Hei all,
After a long hiatus I'm working on my Finnish family from the Gamlakarleby region of Ostrobothnia. A lift of the lynch lid to June Pelo for her friendly help, but after receiving an extract from Gamlakarleby svenska I learned that we weren't related. Apparently, it's beginning to seem that the folks I'm looking for were not prominent so info other than Ämbetsbevis för släktfoskning is very hard to come by for these families. Insofar as the surnames above they ARE documented through the Gamlakarleby parish. If anyone might have some insight on how better to proceed with my research through other venues or methods I sure would be grateful.

syrene
21-10-04, 17:50
Hi,
Did you check TALKO? There are 525 Indola names there. I didn't check the others.
Best of luck with your search.
Syrene

syrene
24-10-04, 02:04
Hi,
I'm working on an article for the SHFS Quarterly about Superior Wisc and Duluth Minn Swedish Finns. Working in Ellis Island I noticed one Hilma Indola in 1900 listed. Have you checked out <www.ellisisland.org> ?
Regards,
Syrene

sassy515
22-11-04, 23:27
Hi,
I have just begun my research and have a John Saari, father of Elizabeth Saari Wallila. John was from Finland, Elizabeth was born 12-23-1860 in Finland. Wallila is the surname I am researching.

Sassy515

syrene
23-11-04, 02:44
I see that June Pelo has three Wallila names in the TALKO database. But not an Elizabeth.
Syrene

sassy515
23-11-04, 16:03
Originally posted by syrene
I see that June Pelo has three Wallila names in the TALKO database. But not an Elizabeth.
Syrene

What is the TALKO database. I'm not familiar with that.
sassy515

kpaavola
23-11-04, 19:19
Sassy515,
Talko database is a collection of GEDCOM files (genealogies) of the various members of the Finlander Forum. Once you submit your data to Hasse, he'll provide you with a password to access the files. You can then search by a variety of methods to look for individuals and find possible connections with other members.

Here's a link to the section of the Forum concerning Talko: http://finlander.eget.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=45

Hakan
26-11-04, 12:47
Originally posted by Turbogus
Hei Hei all,

Hej Turbogus,
These three names have been very widespread in the village of Linnusperä outside Gamlakarleby town. In my ancestor list are both Indola and Pulkkis (spelling of the name has varied from Pulkinen, Pulkkinen, to Pulkis, Pulkkis). I also have a book published about 10 years ago, where the Linnusperä people and farms the last three centuries have been handled.

Pls, let me know the persons you search for - maybe we are relatives...

br
Håkan

Turbogus
29-11-04, 00:19
Hej Hej Håkan
The person I have an extract for is;

Brita Mattsdotter PULKINEN
Född November 01, 1800

Vigda November 15, 1824 LINNUSPERÄ
Johan Johansson Indola
Född November 07, 1798

Does this match anyone in your book? It sure would be fantastic to find a realative on my own! :) Thank you very much for your response

sassy515
29-11-04, 16:33
Morning,
Sorry, but I have no matches. Maybe as I dig deeper but right now I'm just on the surface in my research. Maybe eventually we may find we are relatives.

Good luck...
Sharon

Originally posted by Turbogus
Hej Hej Håkan
The person I have an extract for is;

Brita Mattsdotter PULKINEN
Född November 01, 1800

Vigda November 15, 1824 LINNUSPERÄ
Johan Johansson Indola
Född November 07, 1798

Does this match anyone in your book? It sure would be fantastic to find a realative on my own! :) Thank you very much for your response