PDA

View Full Version : Searching for the birthplace of Samuel Knuutila, b Nov 1861, his wife, Susanna Lahti,

finlander
14-09-03, 15:42
Hi Folks!
I'm searching for the birthpaces, in Finland of Samuel Knuutila, b 1861, & his wife, Susanna Lahti, b 1863. Susan and Sam married in Finland, about 1885. Also Searching their daughter, Fema (spelling), b, July 1886 and their son, Edvard knuutila, b Sept 25, 1890. They also were born in Finland.
Samuel Knuutila emigrated, alone, from Finland to Michigan, USA in 1890. Samuel's wife, daughter and son also emigrated from Finland to Michigan in 1892.
Any information concerning this family is sincerely appreciated.
Thank you.
Ron Holmquist
Folsom, Louisiana, USA

Re: Searching for the birthplace of Samuel Knuutila, b Nov 1861, his wife, Susanna Lahti, b July 1863 both in Finland. by David Webb

Hello, I don't the answer to the question, but the two surnames you mentioned are frequently encountered in South Ostrobothnia, eg around Ilmajoki. There are a few Samuel Knuuttila's in Alahärmä, but the dates don't match completely. If I were you, I would search the other parishes of South Ostrobothnia. The trouble is the online records don't necessarily cover the requisite time period. Write to all the parishes of South Ostrobothnia asking for the birth of Edvard in 1890? [This is a good one to ask, as you have an exact date, and the parishes probably still retain info relating to 1890]

June Pelo
15-09-03, 22:38
HisKi records only two Samuel Knuutila - both in Alahärma parish:
Samuel, b. 10 Mar 1861 to Michel Johansson Knuutila and Lisa Johansdotter (36).
Samuel, b. 20 Dec 1861 to Samuel Mattsson Knuutila and Kaisa (26). I didn't find a Susanna Lahti in Hiski. And no record of a marriage, either.

June