PDA

View Full Version : A Swede looking for Finnish connection

shadow
11-12-04, 22:19
In researching my father's family tree I found that there is a connection to Finland. I am looking for the parents of Johan mattsson,born in 1650 and Maria Elizabeth Johansdotter,born in 1654. Both were born in Helsingfors,Nyland (Uusimea). Their daughter was Margareta,born in 1676. She married Anders Lilja who was born in 1678 in Gastrikland.
The Family History films and subjects are in Finnish and I can't understand them. I need some help with this. Thank you
Nancy Jaderen

granskare
15-12-04, 01:41
http://www.genealogia.fi/hiski/6r20zp

My own problem is that hiski is not more recent but for you it does not go back far enough:)

The Finnish genealogy website might provide some other information elsewhere which can be of help.

Now if you are looking for missing relatives who emigrated to USA and Canada, I am in a position to help because I have free access to Swenson Swedish Immigration Center here in town.

Welcome to sfhs!
Chuck in Rock Island, IL

syrene
15-12-04, 04:39
Hi,
Is there anyone out there who is a member of the Helsingfors Genealogical Society? We met some wonderful people at the Borgå conference. I'm sure they could help. I'll put this on the Swedish language section of forums.
Syrene

syrene
15-12-04, 04:42
Söker föräldrar till Johan mattsson, född 1650 och Maria Elizabeth Johansdotter, född 1654. Både född i Helsingfors,Nyland (Uusimea). Deras dotter Margareta född i 1676. Hon gifte sig med Anders Lilja född 1678 i Gastrikland Sverige.
Jag förstår inte Finska och behöver hjälp. Tack!
Nancy Jaderen

granskare
15-12-04, 04:42
Hi Syrene,
Swedish has quickly evolved to look very much like English now:)

Chuck:D