PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Vivien
22-12-04, 04:38
Hi
My name is Vivien and I live on the west coast of Canada.
I have just started searching for my Finnish relatives- I always thought they were Swedish so this search has turned up some suprises for me. I do have some information from my cousin but am looking to fill in the gaps.

My grandfather was Jacob Erik Isak Lund - I have just learned that his family name is really Lunelund. He was born in Kvevlax in 1890. I have more information on his side of the family than I do my grandmother's side.
My grandmother was Ida Maria Wahlstedt from Vesterhankmo.
Last week I found my great grandparent Isak Wahlstedt's gravestone on the Finnish Genealogical site. Now I am hoping to find out who Isak's parents were.
I found some of the Kvevlax records on HiSki but I see that not all of the records have been entered. I have looked at the FamilySearch catalogue but not being able to read Swedish or Finnish I am not exactly sure if the records are in the catalogue.
Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Hasse
22-12-04, 08:17
Does these persons sound familiar. These are contained in Sylvia Jorgensen's material in Talko.

1 Jacob Ericksson LUND
+ Eda Marie WAHLSTEDT
2 Edith Alma Maria LUND
+ Otto Waldemar/Walde/Wally HJORT b. 3 NOV 1908 d. 8 FEB 1986
3 Dale Waldemar HJORT
+ Mary Lou TRUMBULL
3 Glenn HJORT
+ Barbara Ann CHUDEK
4 Jacob Eric HJORT
4 Aaron Paul HJORT
3 Carol Linnea HJORT
+ Stephen ABEL
4 Zacharia ABEL
4 Janet Linnea ABEL

Vivien
23-12-04, 03:19
Hi Hasse
That was quick.
Yes that is my grandfather and my aunt's family.
Is it possible for me to access the rest of the information?
Vivien

June Pelo
23-12-04, 22:20
When Hasse found Vivien's family in Sylvia Jorgensen's database, I wrote to Sylvia about it. She travels almost constantly with her band, and may not have seen this mail. I also wanted to mention that Talko has many people who have Lunelund, Hjort data. Many years ago there was a member of SFHS, Vera Olsen, who was also connected to Vivien's and Sylvia's Hjort and Wörgren line. Vera thought that she and I would be related and she was going to send me some data but, sadly, she died before she got around to it.

The Editor of Leading Star newspaper, Dale Hjort, may also be related somehow.

June

Vivien
24-12-04, 01:55
Hi June
Dale Hjort is my cousin. My mother and his mother were sisters.
He is the relative who got me started on genealogy research on my maternal side. I think that Vera Olsen was Dale's aunt on the Hjort side of the family.
I have a GEDCOM I have been doing - a PAF file and so I gather if I submit my GEDCOM I could have access to TALKO - is that right?

I have a lot of information in my PAF file on my father's ancestors - he was French Canadian.

If I submit my GEDCOM I think you would probably only want my Finnish relatives, yes?

I am quite eager to get access to the information at TALKO if there is some information on the Lunelund Hjort family but I am not sure how to submit my GEDCOM.

Vivien

June Pelo
24-12-04, 02:35
Hi Vivien,

So you're related to Dale Hjort! I have written genealogy articles for his newspaper Leading Star for many years. I think his mother and Sylvia Jorgensen's great grandmother were sisters. I don't know if Dale has done much research, but he mentioned once that he thought we might be related. I'm related to Sylvia through her father's line. She has a band and travels around a lot, so she may not have seen your letter on Finlander. Here's her website about her band:
http://www.fjordsong.com

Yes, if you submit a GedCom to Hasse, he'll give you a password and you can access the Talko database. I checked it and found that many people have Lunelund and Hjort data: Henry Mangs, Sven-Erik Wiik, Börje Westö, Cronoby database, Hasse Andtbacka and his Lassas database, etc.

Send an e-mail to Hasse here and ask him about how to submit your GedCom.
Hasse Nygård <hasse.nygard%40e-brev.nu>

Good luck on your search.

June

June Pelo
24-12-04, 18:52
Vivien,

I wrote to Sylvia Jorgensen about your query and she sent this to me. She's busy right now preparing a program for a 50th wedding anniversary. She wrote:

I have a few Lunelund names in my genealogy.

I have Maria Elisbet Eriksdtr Lunelund b 14 Sept. 1844 married Erik Eriksson Svan 23 Feb 1837.

There is Isak Erik Lunelund 17 Aug 1865 who married Anna Ahlskog. Their son was Alfred b. 14 Dec. 1897 who married Esther Irene Svan b. 30 May 1907. Irene's father was Abraham Anders Abrahamsson Hurr-Hjort-Svan b. 1869. My Hjort relatives come from his family.

There is a Mathilda Jakobsdr. Lunelund b. 1881 who married Johan Abramsson Hjort b 12 Jan 1885..They had 6 chidren.

I have a cousin in Kvevlax, Gunni (Gunn-Brit) Tornqvist. She lives at Storangsvagen 6 66530 Kvevlax,Finland. She is a retired schoolteacher and speaks English. She was a Svan and lives right next to the old Hjort farm. Her son has a computer which she uses now and then. The address is gunni5%40hotmail.com Maybe she can find Jacob Erik Isak Lunelund b. 1890.

June

Vivien
24-12-04, 21:45
Hi June
Thanks for your help with all the information you have given me.
This genealogy search is like a big puzzle - trying to find the right pieces and where they fit together.
Vivien

Vivien
21-01-05, 03:22
Hi June
I submitted a gedcom and got my password and was hoping to find some information on Isak Erik Lunelund 17 Aug 1865 and Anna Ahlskog.
They are my great grandparents but I when I searched for these names in TALKO I couldn't find them. Wondering if I am doing something wrong.
Vivien

QUOTE]Originally posted by June Pelo
Vivien,

I wrote to Sylvia Jorgensen about your query and she sent this to me. She wrote:

I have a few Lunelund names in my genealogy.
There is Isak Erik Lunelund 17 Aug 1865 who married Anna Ahlskog. Their son was Alfred b. 14 Dec. 1897 who married Esther Irene Svan b. 30 May 1907. Irene's father was Abraham Anders Abrahamsson Hurr-Hjort-Svan b. 1869. My Hjort relatives come from his family.
June [/QUOTE]

June Pelo
21-01-05, 21:09
Vivien,

Even though Sylvia Jorgensen indicated she has the Lunelund people in her genealogy, I checked her data on Talko and she doesn't include them. She has Anders Nilsson Lunelund, b. 1739 married to Brita Eriksdotter Lill-Svan. I'll write to her and ask for more specific data. I searched the Lunelund name on Talko and there were lots of them listed, but I don't know enough about how they link to Sylvia.

I'm sure you were searching Talko correctly, but the names aren't there.

June

Hasse
22-01-05, 11:57
I have asked Sylvia for an update of her gedcom material for Talko. Her material is in its current version mostly her pedigree. Hopefully she has the time to send a new version of her research.

Vivien
26-04-05, 04:54
Hi June
Just wanted to let you know that I did email Gunni and I just received a lovely long letter in my mail box from her this past week with the information I was looking for about my Great grandmother and her family. Gunni also sent me a picture of my Great Grandmother and some of her grown children- my Grandfather's brothers and sisters as well as a picture of the house where my Grandfather grew up in. So thank you for all your help.
Vivien

Originally posted by June Pelo
Vivien,

I have a cousin in Kvevlax, Gunni (Gunn-Brit) Tornqvist. She lives at Storangsvagen 6 66530 Kvevlax,Finland. She is a retired schoolteacher and speaks English. She was a Svan and lives right next to the old Hjort farm. Her son has a computer which she uses now and then. The address is gunni5*hotmail.com Maybe she can find Jacob Erik Isak Lunelund b. 1890.

June

June Pelo
26-04-05, 18:19
Vivien,

I'm happy that you heard from Gunni and received so much interesting information.

June

palmsus
08-10-05, 14:35
Hello

I found this message and realized that you are looking for relatives to my husbands family.
I am now the mother of Isak Wahlstedt the third actually , a young nice boy in his twenties.
His greatgrandfather and greatgreat grandfather were both named Isak Wahlstedt; and came from the small village Västerhankmo in Kvevlax.
Before they took the name Wahlstedt they used the name Warg ( wolf).
I will check it but I think that the Ida Maria Wahlstedt was the child to Isak wahlstedt; the oldest of them all. Or maybe his sister.

When did Ida Maria Wahlstedt come to Canada? Or did she first go to the US ?

Give som more datas ; and I will already try to check as much as possible.

Alf Blomqvist
08-10-05, 19:18
Some Palm information from "Talko" (Lassas):
Generation: 1

Henrik Henriksson Palm b. 30 AUG 1842, i Nedervetil på Pelo.

Henrik m. Lovisa Johansdr Saarukka Drycksbäck 1877. Lovisa b. 7 APR 1848, Terjärv. [Gruppvy]

Barn:

2. Hugo Alexander Henriksson Palm b. 22 JUN 1881, Nedervetil.
3. Henrik William Henriksson Palm b. 19 FEB 1883, Nedervetil; d. 9 JUL 1944.

Generation: 2

Hugo Alexander Henriksson Palm (1.Henrik1) b. 22 JUN 1881, Nedervetil.

Hugo m. Edit Maria Carlsdr Palm Paasiala 1905. Edit (dotter till Carl Johan Johansson Palm and Anna Matilda Johansdr Paasiala) b. 11 OCT 1885, Nedervetil. [Gruppvy]

Barn:

4. Fanny Elvi Maria Hugosdr Palm b. 2 MAY 1906, Nedervetil; d. 12 JUN 1913.

Henrik William Henriksson Palm (1.Henrik1) b. 19 FEB 1883, Nedervetil; d. 9 JUL 1944.

Henrik m. Anna Sofia Andersdr Palm Sunde 30 OCT 1910. Anna (dotter till Anders Andersson Sunde Rudnäs Flink and Brita Simonsdr Sunde Andtbacka) b. 26 MAY 1878, Kronoby; d. 11 NOV 1967. [Gruppvy]

Barn:

5. Signe Alfhild Sofia Fröjdö Palm b. 17 FEB 1911, Kronoby; d. 1 MAR 1994, Kronoby.
6. G.V.V.S. Palm
7. E.A.V. Palm

Generation: 3

Fanny Elvi Maria Hugosdr Palm (2.Hugo2, 1.Henrik1) b. 2 MAY 1906, Nedervetil; d. 12 JUN 1913.

Signe Alfhild Sofia Fröjdö Palm (3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1) b. 17 FEB 1911, Kronoby; d. 1 MAR 1994, Kronoby.

Signe m. Arne Johannes Fröjdö 13 OCT 1951. Arne (son till Johan Emil Mattsson Furu and Anna Emilia Johansdr Furu Fröjdö) b. 18 JUL 1904, Kronoby; d. 20 AUG 1970, Kronoby. [Gruppvy]

Barn:

8. G.A.S. Fröjdö

G.V.V.S. Palm (3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

G.V.V.S. m. M.J.E. Spikbacka [Gruppvy]

Barn:

9. Gunveig Spikbacka b. 2 AUG 1939; d. 2 AUG 1939.
10. Rolf Anders Martin Spikbacka b. 5 DEC 1943, Kronoby; d. 8 DEC 1994, Kronoby.
11. H.E.J. Spikbacka

E.A.V. Palm (3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

E.A.V. m. N.A. Berg [Gruppvy]

Barn:

12. M.V.E. Berg
13. H.A.M. Berg

Generation: 4

G.A.S. Fröjdö (5.Signe3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

Gunveig Spikbacka (6.G.V.V.S.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1) b. 2 AUG 1939; d. 2 AUG 1939.

Rolf Anders Martin Spikbacka (6.G.V.V.S.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1) b. 5 DEC 1943, Kronoby; d. 8 DEC 1994, Kronoby.

Rolf m. A.M.K.S. Dahlqvist [Gruppvy]

Barn:

14. A.S.C. Spikbacka
15. S.M. Spikbacka
16. P.R.E. Spikbacka

H.E.J. Spikbacka (6.G.V.V.S.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

H.E.J. m. A.M.E.S. Hellund [Gruppvy]

Barn:

17. A.C.E. Spikbacka
18. T.J.H. Spikbacka

M.V.E. Berg (7.E.A.V.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

H.A.M. Berg (7.E.A.V.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

Generation: 5

A.S.C. Spikbacka (10.Rolf4, 6.G.V.V.S.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

S.M. Spikbacka (10.Rolf4, 6.G.V.V.S.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

P.R.E. Spikbacka (10.Rolf4, 6.G.V.V.S.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

A.C.E. Spikbacka (11.H.E.J.4, 6.G.V.V.S.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

T.J.H. Spikbacka (11.H.E.J.4, 6.G.V.V.S.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

T.J.H. m. Å.H. Krook [Gruppvy]

Barn:

19. K.L.V. Spikbacka
20. E.J. Spikbacka

Generation: 6

K.L.V. Spikbacka (18.T.J.H.5, 11.H.E.J.4, 6.G.V.V.S.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)

E.J. Spikbacka (18.T.J.H.5, 11.H.E.J.4, 6.G.V.V.S.3, 3.Henrik2, 1.Henrik1)