Died 23 JAN 1888 Kållby, Pedersöre, Finland
Married 27 DEC 1840 Pedersöre, Finland

Wife | Female
Caisa Fredriksdotter Skrufvila- KRISTOLA
Birth 8 APR 1814 Bennäs, Pedersöre, Finland
Died 19 MAY 1895 Kållby, Pedersöre, Finland
Father Fredrik Jakobsson Kristola- SKRUF | F5568
Mother Anna Maja Jakobsdotter KRISTOLA | F5568

The following children of their family all moved to America in the 1880's. Is there anyone who can help me to find out what happened to them in America. Is there any family left from these children?

The other Dalin (Dahlin) families in Finland want to complete our family tree with these persons.

Please send your information to: christian.dahlin%40multi.fi

Child 3 | Male
Fredrik Henrik Gustavsson TARVONEN
Birth 17 SEP 1845 Kållby, Pedersöre, Finland to America 1883, his wife Maria Nikolaiedr. Bagarnäs, Birth 5 Oct 1851 also moved to America in 1888 with 4 children
Died in America

Child 4 | Male
Jakob Henriksson DALIN
Birth 28 OCT 1850 Kållby, Pedersöre, Finland to America 1887
Died in America

Child 5 | Female
Johanna Henriksdotter DALIN
Birth 11 JUN 1853 Kållby, Pedersöre, Finland to America 1887
Died in America

Child 6 | Female
Maria Henriksdotter DALIN (Niinimäki)
Birth 19 DEC 1855 Kållby, Pedersöre, Finland
Married Herman Niinimäki, husband died in 1883
Maria moved to America 1887 with two boys,
Johan Emil Hermansson, Birth 14 Aug 1880 and
Herman Hermansson, Birth 10 May 1883
Died in America

Child 7 | Male
Anders Henriksson DALIN
Birth 20 JUN 1857 Kållby, Pedersöre, Finland to America 1887
Died in America

Child 8 | Female
Lovisa Henriksdotter DALIN
Birth 17 OCT 1859 Kållby, Pedersöre, Finland
Married Matts Mattsson Nylund, Birth 5 Oct 1863
Moved to America in 1885 with a daughter
Alina Lovisa, Birth 20 Feb 1884
Died in America

granskare
01-01-05, 02:06
Hi Christian,

We could use the town and state to which they went if you know them.

If not, then our members who are great with other dbases can maybe sniff them out.

I have access to Swedish lang church microfilms for USA and Canada here in town so it has to be state and town or at least state and county.
http://www.augustana.edu/administration/SWENSON/genealogy.html
If you click listing for church records, you will come across everything they have.

Chuck:)

granskare
01-01-05, 02:31
at Swenson 212 = Menominee Co, Menominee, Bethel Lutheran

13h Herman Nylund Feb 9 1863 Kållby Pedersöre 1881 212

maybe a relative to Matts Mattsson Nylund - the parish made me write this guy in:) there was another Nylund guy but he was from Kronoby.

I had the time so I checked my Finnish born Upper Peninsula of Michigan dbase for the exact names - Nylund, Dalin, and Tarvonen.
mvh,
Chuck

granskare
01-01-05, 02:48
I was looking into a thread begun by Jim Bailey which Christian Dalin had posted to so I suspect he' s seen this but I put it here for the benefit of ppl who hadn't conected the Bailey thread to this one:

" a different Matts Nylund in Oregon

I found this guy and just want to record him somewhere so I choose to place him here
PNW40, Peace Lutheran [result of 4 church merger] in Astoria, OR:

Matts Nylund, b. 5-11-1863 at Pedersö Finland, em: 1883 and to here 1893
wife Lovisa Nylund, b. 17-11-1860 (edited to read 1860) at Pedersö Finland, same immigration data as husband."

Yes, this must be your Lovisa Dalin! Now I must visit the Astoria OR church next week.

kpaavola
01-01-05, 03:53
Wow! So much data, but I can't seem to find a definite match on any of these! The men are always easier to trace than the women but even these guys are hiding.

I'll try doing some more searches, maybe I'll get lucky. If you happen to know their destination that might help narrow the chances down.

kpaavola
01-01-05, 04:08
Now seeing Chuck's information, I went back to the census for Oregon. Again, no luck. 1900 isn't indexed for Oregon, 1910 shows only 1 Nylund in Astoria, 1920 has 2 in Astoria who I thought might be children but they have the wrong immigration year.

granskare
01-01-05, 05:37
Hej Kev,
This fit looks good of the Matts and Lovisa I had found in Astoria but when I was looking at emigranten cd for somebody from Sweden, I erred bigtime.
My first find was Joh. Swensson of the upper listing. Right parish, about the right age. Got to be him, right? Turns out it was the second guy somehow traveling as August instead of Johannes.
Jill at Swenson did some tweaking with emigranten cd and got him. Aug. Swensson and notice these guys are both from Ramqvilla and about the same age and departing on the same day!
A search of the old microfilmed emigranten at Swenson found him with wife and 5 daughters.
I write this just to prove that being right on doesn't always seem right on:)
Chuck

granskare
05-01-05, 00:39
First I want to say that giving all of the names, etc, really contributed to finding this for you.
The image is from pnw40, Astoria OR, Peace Lutheran Church:

The upper image shows Matts Nylund, Lovisa, Alina and American born children which confirms this has to be your family.
The lower image is Fredrik Gustafson who appears to be is your Tarvonen guy.

I did not find the others except to note that on page 104 of the memberbook was an Andrew Johnson, born 20-6-1857 in Finland but he emigrated in 1879 and got to Oregon in 1894 so likely not your Anders Henrikson Dalin. Often people have changed their surnames so maybe? Also I must report that this membership book ink is very weak and so I was unable to confirm the others were not listed.
So I am glad that I did record the finding of Matts Nylund in Jim Bailey's thread even though he did not belong there

granskare
05-01-05, 21:41
Jeanette gave me this url at the Finnish Genealogy website,
http://www.genealogia.fi/emi/emi3d20s3e.htm

JOHNSON, ANDREW -- Born June 20, 1857, Jacobstadt, Finland. Died July 17, 1932, Astoria, Ore. Widower of Sophie. Father: John Johnson (b. Jacobstadt, Finland). Burial at Greenwood Cemetery.

This is the Andrew that I found at the church with the same birthdate but looks as though he was born in the wrong parish so this is here to show that this is probably not your Anders Dalin.

Also on that finngen place I checked for Maki in the hopes of finding Niinimäki but no luck there.
Chuck

Shirley King
08-01-05, 02:12
I have Tarvonen and Skruf in my tree. I will see what I can come up with.
Shirley King

kpaavola
08-01-05, 18:34
Hi Christian,
In response to your private message, I figured I would place the information I found here just so there's a record of it for others who might be interested in this family.

I was able to locate all of the family members except for one: Johanna b.1853. Women are always tricky to locate when we don't know who they married. I found a couple of possibilities but nothing concrete.

I'm going to list each family separately, along with the census image. I'll type out the info as well since the image may not be clear. You'll notice that there is a lot of contrary information regarding ages and immigration years.

Also, the Andrew Johnson that Chuck found is, I believe, a member of this family. Can't explain how the Johnson name came to be but he was found in two census records living next door to Jacob b.1850. Immigration info also is too coincidental to not be him.

I checked some of these in the 1930 census as that may be your best bet for trying to locate living relatives. The one I recall is Carl Nylund but he had only been married one year and had no children. Maybe I can check some more of these if you're interested and try to track them for you.

I do want to thank Chuck for listing what he found at Swenson. Because of his additional information, I was able to find a lot of these people. Thanks Chuck! :)

The details follow....

kpaavola
08-01-05, 18:38
It's worth mentioning that on Ancestry.com, the 1900 census isn't indexed for Oregon so I couldn't check that census. Also, in case you are not aware, most of the 1890 census records were destroyed by fire.

Found in Young's River, Clatsop County, Oregon 1910
Fredrik, 65, immigrated 1887 or 88
Maria, 52, married 36 years, 9 children total, 6 living
Maria, 30
Victor, 27
Artie, 19
Annie, 21
Bernard, 17
Francis, 15 (daughter)

I think Anna may have been in the census twice as I found a matching Anna living as a servant in another household. Occupation of both records matched.

kpaavola
08-01-05, 18:41
Young's River, Clatsop County, Oregon 1920
Fredrik, 74, immigrated 1883
Maria, 67, immigrated 1888
Bernhart, 29
Adolph, 27

This one seemed to have discrepancies in children's ages/names.

kpaavola
08-01-05, 18:45
In 1910 and 1920, the Andrew Johnson that Chuck mentioned is living next door to Jacob Gustafson. They lived in the same area as Fredrik and Maria Gustafson. I believe this Andrew is of the same family.

Young's River, Clatsop County, Oregon 1910
Jacob Gustafson, 58, widow, immigrated 1870
Charlie, 24
Adolph, 22
William, 20
Henry, 18
Lillie, 14
George, 12

living next door:
Andrew Johnson, 53, immigrated 1870
Sophie, 54, married 25 years
Josephine, 24
Annie, 21
Hilda, 18
Walter, 16
Norma, 14
Ester, 13

granskare
08-01-05, 18:45
Hi Kev,
Great you found everybody but one and too bad there are so many of those illegible pages on the microfilm.
Perhaps if we had somebody in Astoria who could call the church on the phone, perhaps they have their original books and it might be possible to see more than the original filming saw. Likely not.

Glad you found the Niinimäki branch but I didn't check with care and should have noticed that Herman N died in Finland so never got here. They must also have been Hermanson over here.

edit: In Clatsop County only Astoria has a microfilmed Swedish lang church so I am unable to go further with that.
Chuck:(

kpaavola
08-01-05, 18:50
Young's River, Clatsop County, Oregon
Jacob Gustafson, 68, widow, immigrated 1885
William, 30
Adolph, 28
Lillie Lovett (sp?), 24, widow
Francis H, 3/12 (3 month old daughter of Lillie)

Andrew Johnson, 63, immigrated 1887
Sophia, 64, immigrated 1885
Andrew, 28
Walter, 26
Johanna, 24
Ester, 23

kpaavola
08-01-05, 18:57
Astoria, Clatsop County, Oregon 1910
Charles Wilson, 54, immigrated 1876
Maria, 53, married 22 years, immigrated 1888
Charles W, 20
Herman Nyman, 25
Johan E, 26

Don't ask me where the Nyman name came from... ?? :confused:

kpaavola
08-01-05, 19:00
I couldn't find Maria in 1920. I may have to go back and check again. I did find Herman in the 1920 census. I was not able to find Johan Emil in 1920, though.

Astoria, Clatsop County, Oregon 1920
Herman Nyman, 35, immigrated 1887, Naturalized 1914
Anna B, 29, immigrated 1909, born in Denmark
Flora, 7
Kathryn, 1 11/12 (1 year, 11 months. Census taken in Jan 1920)

kpaavola
08-01-05, 19:02
Astoria, Clatsop County, Oregon 1910
Matt Nylund, 46, immigrated 1883
Lovisa, 48, married 26 years, immgrated 1885, 6 children total, 3 living
Alina L, 25, immigrated 1885
Carl M, 21
Esther J, 19

kpaavola
08-01-05, 19:05
Astoria, Clatsop County, Oregon 1920
Matt Nylund, 56, immigrated 1885
Lovisa, 58, immigrated 1888
Carl, 31

I found Carl in the 1930 census. He was married for 1 year but had no children. I didn't save the image but can get it if you'd like.

kpaavola
08-01-05, 19:15
Originally posted by granskare
In Clatsop County only Astoria has a microfilmed Swedish lang church so I am unable to go further with that.

I don't know Oregon very well but I wonder how far Young's River is from Astoria? Maybe the families in Young's River attended the church in Astoria. Also, the Niinimäki family was in Astoria but Maria married a Wilson. Could you check to see if Wilson exists in the Astoria church?

I found Herman (Nyman) the son, but couldn't find Johan Emil. Don't know if he died or used yet another name. :confused:

granskare
08-01-05, 19:18
1887, 1879, and 1870

I wonder how the differences can be explained.

Possibly misreading of handwritten entries in some old record book.
The 79 and 70 could be just a misread of the 9 and 0 so which is correct? The 1887 year is too far from the others so how did that one happen?

Quite a flurry of activity here from Kev so I think that I shall try the Astoria church again and see if I can do a better job. Maybe also check Swedish newspapers for obits because family might be mentioned.

Chuck

kpaavola
08-01-05, 19:24
See, that's what happens when the original poster provides so much detail and sleuths like you are able to dig up some initial information! :D

As for the discrepancies, at least in the census records, I wouldn't hold too much weight to that. Not only are the immigration years contrary, but also the names/ages of that one family in the census.

I usually contribute those types of errors as communication errors, the respondents not necessarily being educated or aware of some of the details being asked, human error on the part of the enumerator, etc, etc.

Not to imply that Christian's relatives were uneducated, but in searching my wife's ancestors, who lived in the mountains of Tennessee and Alabama, many of them were truly uneducated and contradictory information abounds between the census records. That only adds to the difficulties in trying to track some of these people down.

Regarding these records, I feel there is so much strong consistent information that these are the correct people, despite some of the contrary details.

kpaavola
08-01-05, 19:29
Christian,

I found this link that contains a list of Naturalization records for Clatsop County. Many of the names you are seeking are in this list.

http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Eorclatso/finsruss.htm

granskare
08-01-05, 19:30
Close to Astoria according to a guide online but I don't see the place on any of my maps, 1888, 1921, 1934, and 1957.
Swenson has a nice mapbook which lists localities that were swallowed up by their neighbors. That was very useful for a Rhode Island or somewhere east like that search Jeanette and I worked on not long ago. And how you found Maria as a Wilson is beyond me:)

OK, So I will check for these:

Charles Wilson family
Herman Nyman
Jakob Gustafson - I had thought Henrikson for him but perhaps he changed to Gustafson because his brother Fredrik chose to use that name.

Chuck

kpaavola
08-01-05, 19:35
Christian,
Here is a link for the Clatsop County genweb project. The genweb project typically exists for most states/counties for the purpose of genealogy. Some states have loads of information others not so. There seem to be a number of links for Clatsop County that might provide useful for you to continue researching for relatives.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~orclatso/clatsop.htm

kpaavola
08-01-05, 19:37
And how you found Maria as a Wilson is beyond me:)

Can't give away all my secrets now. Hasse might replace me. ;)

It's just refreshing when one strikes paydirt. But maybe also a valuable lesson for other posters. Providing as much detail, however insignificant, can make the difference!

kpaavola
08-01-05, 19:49
Christian,
I was looking on the Clatsop County site and see a link for free lookups. Be sure to check that link.

They have volunteers who will perform marriage lookups, birth record lookups and death lookups.

http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Eorclatso/LookUps.html

cdahlin
08-01-05, 22:31
Originally posted by kpaavola
Hi Christian,
In response to your private message, I figured I would place the information I found here just so there's a record of it for others who might be interested in this family.

I was able to locate all of the family members except for one: Johanna b.1853. Women are always tricky to locate when we don't know who they married. I found a couple of possibilities but nothing concrete.

I'm going to list each family separately, along with the census image. I'll type out the info as well since the image may not be clear. You'll notice that there is a lot of contrary information regarding ages and immigration years.

Also, the Andrew Johnson that Chuck found is, I believe, a member of this family. Can't explain how the Johnson name came to be but he was found in two census records living next door to Jacob b.1850. Immigration info also is too coincidental to not be him.

I checked some of these in the 1930 census as that may be your best bet for trying to locate living relatives. The one I recall is Carl Nylund but he had only been married one year and had no children. Maybe I can check some more of these if you're interested and try to track them for you.

I do want to thank Chuck for listing what he found at Swenson. Because of his additional information, I was able to find a lot of these people. Thanks Chuck! :)

The details follow....

Hi!

The name JOHNSON must have come from the fact that their father also used the name JANSSON (JOHANSSON) in Finland. These things are hard to guess in forward.

The other brothers seem to have taken the name GUSTAFSON (GUSTAFSEN).

cdahlin

removed Christian's message from the quote for clarity. kevin

June Pelo
09-01-05, 00:10
I don't know if this has any bearing, but I have data on a Charles (Carl Wilhelm) Wilhelmsson Kankkonen-Wilson, b. 1861 in Karleby, died 1924 in Astoria. He came to the US 1879.

The Lars Friis book also has some Wilson names in Astoria. There is also a Judy Wilson in Oregon who has many Wilson names in Astoria.

June

kpaavola
09-01-05, 00:18
That's interesting, June. I noticed the one child was named "Charles W". Do you have a birth year for this Charles?

cdahlin
09-01-05, 10:03
Originally posted by June Pelo
I don't know if this has any bearing, but I have data on a Charles (Carl Wilhelm) Wilhelmsson Kankkonen-Wilson, b. 1861 in Karleby, died 1924 in Astoria. He came to the US 1879.

The Lars Friis book also has some Wilson names in Astoria. There is also a Judy Wilson in Oregon who has many Wilson names in Astoria.

June

Hello!

I can check up this Wilhelmsson Kankkonen from Karleby, but it seems to me that this man is not from my family tree. As a coincidence I can tell that my wifes sister is married to a Wilhelm Kankkonen from Karleby! I think this Kankkonen-Wilson could be one of their ancestors. I know that they have had a lot of Wilhelm names in their family in the past.

Christian Dahlin

granskare
09-01-05, 18:57
I am somewhat confused now.

Is the Maria Niinimäki the same Maria who married Charles Wilson?

If so, it is worth checking that Astoria church again but if not...

Chuck:confused:

June Pelo
09-01-05, 19:29
There was a Wilhelm Konstantin Johansson Kankkonen, b. 1876, who married Senny Maria Mattsdotter Björk. Wilhelm Konstantin had a sister Alina Charlotta, b. 1878, who married Karl Hillström - both died in Coos Bay, OR.

Wilhelm Gustafsson Hilli-Kankkonen, 1833-1924, was the brother of Carl (Charles) Wilson, 1861-1824, married Dec. 1888 to Susanna Olofsdotter Niemelä, 1872-1943. Both died in Astoria. They had 15 children.

There was a John Eskola-Wilson, b. 1850, who had a daughter Maria Matilda Wilson, b. 1886 in Astoria. This Wilson family has no link to Kankkonen.

June

kpaavola
09-01-05, 19:59
I am somewhat confused now.

Is the Maria Niinimäki the same Maria who married Charles Wilson?

If so, it is worth checking that Astoria church again but if not...

Chuck:confused:

Yes, Maria Niinimäki married Charles Wilson who should've been born ~1856 and who immigrated ~1876, according to the census.

If you can check the church records, maybe it will show Maria's death date. I didn't find her in the 1920 census so I suspect she died before then. Of course she could just be hiding. I couldn't find Johan Emil either so out of curiousity, if you can find the family in the church records, it might list his death date.

Clear as mud? ;)

jeanette
10-01-05, 00:10
At the Genealogical Society of Finland site under Emigration, United States, Indexes, scroll down to Oregon then select the Deaths of Finns in Clatsop County. (I think access to this is also available through the Oregon Rootsweb site Kevin posted.)

I am posting just a few of the names found.
I believe both these listings refer to the one man
GUSTAFSEN, FREDERICK -- Born Sept. 17, 1845, Finland. Died Oct. 30, 1927,Astoria, Ore. Widower of Marica. Carpenter. Father: Gustaf Gustafsen (b.Finland).
GUSTAFSON, FREDRICK -- Age 82, born in Finland. Died Oct. 30, 1927, Astoria,Ore. Widower of Maria. Carpenter. Father: Gustaf Johnson (b. Finland). Burial at Greenwood Cemetery.
Could this be Fredericks wife Maria?
GUSTAFSON, MARY -- Born Nov. 5, 1857, Finland. Died Dec. 14, 1920, St. Mary's Hospital, Astoria, Ore. Cause of death: diabetes mellitus. Usual residence Timber Creek, Ore. Married. Father: Nils Fredrickson (b. Finland). Mother: Mary Westersund (b. Finland). Burial at Greenwood Cemetery.

GUSTAFSEN, JACOB -- Age 69, born (Oct. 2) in Finland. Died March 15, 1921,St. Mary's Hospital, Astoria, Ore. Cause of death: carcinoma of stomach.Widower of Wilhelmina. Retired farmer. Father. Gustave Johnson (b. Finland).Burial at Greenwood Cemetery.
GUSTAFSON, WILLIAM FREDRICK -- Born Aug. 14, 1887, Astoria, Ore. Died July 31, 1930, Astoria, Ore. Single. Farmer. Father: Jacob Gustafson (b. Finland). Mother: Wilhelmina Swan (b. Finland). Burial at Greenwood Cemetery.

I think Lovisa is listed under Nyland not Nylund
Details are available about both Charles Wilson there are a few wilson and Gustafsen/Gustafson listings to search through.
I believe more information may be obtained from the Oregon State Archives http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/banners/genealogy.htm
Matt, the Gustafsons and Wilsons can be found on this list
http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Eorclatso/finsruss.htm

Jeanette

June Pelo
10-01-05, 00:47
He is probably Fredrik Henrik Gusttafsson Tarvonen, b. 17 Sep 1845, Kållby, to America 1883 and was married 14 Dec 1873 to Maria Nicholasdotter Bagarnäs, b. 5 Nov 1851. Nils and Nicholas sometimes indicate the same person. I have no parents for Maria.

Fredrik Henrik had a sister Maria Henriksdotter Dalin, b. 19 Dec 1855, Kållby, to America 1887 with children. She was married to Herman Niinimäki-Hermansson. They had 2 sons: Johan Emil, b. 1880, and Herman Hermansson, b. 1883.

It's difficult identifying people in America who dropped family names and took patronymics as surnames. I ran those birthdates through my database and was amazed at how many people were born in 1887.

June

granskare
11-01-05, 20:40
Maria (Mary) death date has been found by Jeanette so if there is something else to be done there, I will watch for a posting about that.
Chuck

cdahlin
11-01-05, 22:18
Maria (Mary) death date has been found by Jeanette so if there is something else to be done there, I will watch for a posting about that.
Chuck

I'm very thankful for all the information that you all could give me in such a short time. I hope I can find the descendants in Astoria when I know this much.

Christian Dahlin

kpaavola
11-01-05, 23:23
Hey Chuck,
I think there could still be useful information in Astoria. I think there's some confusion about the Mary in Jeanette's posting.

I'm not sure the Maria that appears in Jeanette's posting is either of the Marias in the original posting. The birth date is off. I don't think it's Maria Niinimäki as she would have been married to Wilson when she died.

clip from June's message above:
"Fredrik Henrik had a sister Maria Henriksdotter Dalin, b. 19 Dec 1855, Kållby, to America 1887 with children. She was married to Herman Niinimäki-Hermansson. They had 2 sons: Johan Emil, b. 1880, and Herman Hermansson, b. 1883."

I think it might help Christian to find living descendants if we could find information on this Maria, like her date of death. Also, I couldn't find anything on Johan Emil in the later census so I wonder if he might show up as deceased in the church record. Also, I wonder if Herman might show up in the church records with children listed. That would help Christian to find living descendants at least from that branch of the family.

I'm at work and don't have my notes with me but I believe I found Herman in the census but was only married for 1 year so he didn't have any children listed. I couldn't find Johan Emil in that latter census so I wonder if he died. Also Maria, it seems, might have died as I couldn't find her in the 1920 census, though I didn't scour the records for her.

Hopefully, this helps to clarify...

granskare
12-01-05, 22:47
Astoria OR Peace Lutheran church:

Bottom line is that I did not find Mary or Maria.

There was one Wilson but it was not Charles.

The ink is so weak that I cannot say with certainty she was not buried from that place.

Sorry,
Chuck

June Pelo
12-01-05, 22:53
This caught my eye in Michigan marriage records: Simon Niinimäki of Gladstone, MI married Mar 1900 S. Autiomäki. Witness was John Aho.

June

kpaavola
13-01-05, 04:37
Hi Christian,
I checked the 1930 census and here are the details of all the children I could find from the other records. Of the original immigrants, it seems only 2 are still alive: Andrew Johnson who is now 72 and Mary Wilson (Niinimäki) who is 74 and a widow.

Henry Gustafson, 38
Ellen A, 35
Bernice H., 13
Harriet E., 3

Victor Gustafson, 47
Sandra J, 43 (b.Finland)
Anita M, 15
Dorothy J, 10

Ben Gustafson (possibly Bernard), 37
Ruth S, 27
Robert B., 9 months

Herman Gustafson, 46, married ~18 yrs
Anna B., 40 (b.Denmark)
Flora E., 17
Kathryn M., 12
Luella B., 9

Emil J. Nyman, 48, married ~3 yrs (he reversed his name!)
Lempi S., 38
Mary Wilson (Niinimäki), 74, widow

And these 2 families living next door to each other STILL!
William Gustafson, 36
Adolph, 37
George W., 32 (All brothers living together)

Andrew Johnson, 72
Walter Leander, 36
Johanna K., 34

Hope this helps you to find some living descendants. This is as far as I can take you with the census records. Try posting a query on the Clatsop County Rootsweb site and see if you get any response.

Good luck with your search,