PDA

View Full Version : looking for great grandmother's family

Vivien
12-01-05, 04:06
Hi all
I have found some information about my relatives on FamilySearch but haven't had any luck finding my great grandmother's family.

My great grandfather Isak Erik Eriksson Lunelund born
17 Aug 1865 in Kvevlax married Anna Lisa Mikelsdotter Ahlskog in 1888. Anna Lisa was from Overby according to the information I got from my cousin. Anna Lisa birthdate is 15 Feb 1863.

I think that I might have found Anna Lisa's gravestone on the Finnish Genealogical site - there is a headstone for Anna Lisa Lunelund with the same birthdate.

I would much appreciate any help you can give me tracking down this side of my family.

Thanks.
Vivien
in snowy British Columbia

June Pelo
24-01-05, 21:20
Vivien,

I just had a note from Sylvia Jorgensen - she's been swamped lately (her mother just died at age 91 and also her band activities have her snowed under). She hasn't had time to work with genealogy, but said she has received more data and hopes to update her GedCom - if and when she can find time.

She did send this which may help you:
I have a cousin in Kvevlax, Gunni (Gunn-Brit) Tornqvist. She lives at Storangsvagen 6 66530 Kvevlax, Finland. She is a retired schoolteacher and speaks English. She was a Svan, and lives right next to the old Hjort farm. Her son has a computer which she uses now and then. The address is gunni5%40hotmail.com Maybe she can find Jacob Erik Isak Lunelund b. 1890.

June