PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Pudding Fudge

June Pelo
26-01-05, 21:13
I've had several requests for this recipe - it's easy to make.

CHOCOLATE PUDDING FUDGE

1 pkg (8 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking chocolate, divided
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter or oleo, divided
1/3 c. water
1 pkg (4 serving size) Jello Chocolate Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
3 c. powdered sugar

Microwave 4 of the chocolate squares, 6 tbsp of butter and the water in large bowl on High 2 min. until butter is melted; stir. Add dry pudding mix; stir until blended.

Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, stirring until well blended after each addition. (Sift sugar to get rid of lumps). Press into foil-lined 8-inch square pan.

Microwave remaining 4 chocolate squares and 2 tbsp butter in bowl on High 1 1/2 min. until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted. Spread over pudding mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours until firm. Cut into 48 squares.

When I made it, I couldn't use all 3 c. of sugar because it got too thick. So use your judgment. One of my friends had the same problem and used less sugar.

June

Karen Norwillo
27-01-05, 02:03
June, Your recipe brings back a whole lot of memories. Haven't heard the word oleo in ages. Remember mixing the bags of oleo with the dye button to make it yellow? That was my job when I was a kid. Karen

June Pelo
27-01-05, 19:57
Yes, Karen, I remember those days. Now they call it margarine, but to me it's all the same except that it comes already mixed. I'm a chocoholic so I eat anything with chocolate in it. For Christmas I received a 5-lb Hershey bar that's an inch thick and contains 50 servings. I've already eaten half of it and I'm sure there won't be 50 servings in it.

:p

June

Karen Douglas
27-01-05, 22:35
Hi June!

A 5-pound Hershey bar?

Oh, my goodness! How do you keep your cholesterol (and weight) down!:D

I love chocolate, too! And I enjoyed reading your recipe. I sent it to the Food Editor of our local newspaper, because she is a chcoholic, too! But, I may just try that recipe myself!!

Cheers,
Karen

:)

June Pelo
28-01-05, 00:34
Karen,

I've been hearing from other people who also plan to make the fudge - so I won't be the only "chubby" person around for a while. :D

My sister also received a Hershey bar, and here she is with both of the bars - 10 pounds of chocolate, along with a normal sized bar! We received 14 pounds of chocolate for Christmas and have already eaten 6 pounds!!

June

Karen Douglas
28-01-05, 23:28
June...

Hmmm...
I think I need to move to Florida. Maybe you and your sister could use a chaperone - uh, you know, one that could kind of "monitor" the situation?

After all, we don't want you having too much chocolate fun down there all by yourselves!!

:D

Karen
P.S. My favorite is Dove - the dark chocolate kind. Yummy!

June Pelo
29-01-05, 00:27
Karen,

We eat any kind of chocolate, light, dark, sweet, semi-sweet, etc. We've had a lot of offers to help us eat those Hershey bars, but so far we've managed just fine by ourselves. Yesterday I made macaroons, but added chocolate so we now have chocolate macaroons! ;)

June

kpaavola
29-01-05, 04:27
When I first saw the picture of Ruth with the candy bars, I thought the two were just closer to the camera. I had to look twice before I realized they were resting against her legs! Wow! Those are some big Hershey bars. I'm getting in the car tomorrow and coming to help you eat them. I just can't bear the thought of you two having to eat them all by yourselves.

I, too, am a chocoholic and Hershey bars with almonds are my weakness. I just can't get over the size of those.

And you called the one in her hand "normal"? Oh, June, you have it bad! ;)

June Pelo
29-01-05, 17:45
Kevin,

We've had a lot of offers to help us eat that candy, but we're doing quite well by ourselves, thank you. The bar is an inch thick and I have to use a butcher knife to cut it - thought I'd have to use a hatchet if the knife didn't cut through. Those bars are heavy to lift and I can barely lift both at the same time. Do you want me to send you the wrappers - with some of the crumbs inside? :D

June