PDA

View Full Version : Ryssy or Rysso surname

ERYSSO
30-01-05, 04:34
I am new to this site, and am researching my paternal grandfather's surname of Ryssy (in Finland) which changed to Rysso in Ishpeming, MI. Mikko Valentin Ryssy emmigrated to USA about 1900, and settled with my grandmother in Ishpeming about 1909. They met in Crystal Falls about 1901. He died in 1928. I have almost 100% of the information about him and his descendants here in USA. One big thing I am missing is a photograph of him. Any replies would be appreciated.

staffan
30-01-05, 13:09
Hi Ernie,

He came from Nurmo. A passport was issued on 04.05.1900 to the farmer Michel Valentin Ryssy, home parish Nurmo. Wife and 5 children stayed in Finland.

Detailed passport information
Last name
Ryssy

First names
Michel Valentin
Other names
Date of birth
. .1868
Marital status
Religion
Occupation
Talollinen
Home parish
Nurmo
Province
VAA
Passport date
Passport number
Passport valid (year:month)
5:0
Destination
Amerikka
Passport issued by
VAA
Remarks
Sj vmo ja 5 lasta. Sotap. suor.

He travelled on the S/S Polaris, departing Finland on 12.05.1900. His destination was Calumet, MI, USA

Detailed passenger information

Last name
Ryssy

First names
Michel
Age or age group
Port of departure
Hanko
Place of destination
Calumet
State of destination
MI
Country of destination
USA
Price of ticket
FIM 284
Ship from Finland
Polaris
Date of departure from Finland
Ship from England
Date of departure from England
. .9999
Ocean Line
Dominion Linen
Port of departure in England
List and page
4/92
Remarks

Regards,

Gary Sheffert
03-02-05, 21:11
I too am interested in Michel Valentin Ryssy from Nurmo, Vaasa, Finland. I am doing research on my grandchildren's Finnish ancestors. What information do you have on his wife Esther? I will ask my son-in-law if a picture of Michel exists.

Gary Sheffert
03-02-05, 21:28
I thought I saw a reply from someone on the Rysso farm in Nurmo, but cannot find it now. I tried the church records from Nurmo, but could not find the birth of Michel Valentin Ryssy in 1868. Only found the birth of one of his children in Finland. Would like to find parentage of Michel.

granskare
04-02-05, 04:20
http://finlander.eget.net/showthread.php?threadid=1484&highlight=rysso

It's likely the post you recall is part of the Rysso thread.

Chuck