PDA

View Full Version : Rose Kolehmainen

christer
19-02-05, 01:02
Looking for information about Rosa(e) Kolehmainen emigrated from Finland 26.7.1902.Married in US to Julius Tower from Finland ,they had children Laura b.1905, William Edward J b.June 12 1907.in Salem Massachusetts Looking for marriage year and original surname of Julius Tower.Julius died ab.a1910 in Salem.
christer

Paivi T
19-02-05, 23:08
Christer, just had a sudden thought that perhaps might help you trace Julius. It occurred to me that "Tower" might have been "americanised" simply by transcribing "Toveri" a little bit differently.

And guess what: the passport register of the Finnish Migration Institute has a record for a passport for Julius Nestor Mattsson Toveri. He might be your Julius.

Unfortunately, I only have access to free-of-charge lookups at the MI website, so the name is all I get. Hope it can lead you in some direction, though, if you or someone else has paid the fee and has full lookup access.

Päivi T

staffan
19-02-05, 23:47
The passport was issued on 01.05.1893 to Julius Nestor Mattsson Toveri, miller's son from Honkajoki. The date of birth is not stated. Honkajoki is as you might already know in northernmost Satakunta on the boarder to Ostrobothnia.

christer
20-02-05, 15:34
Your suggestion Paivi about Toveri was not bad, i did not think of that , i was looking for Tauri I hope the Julius Toveri Staffan found is the right one: Kiitos Paivi, tack Staffan.

granskare
22-02-05, 21:06
I did not find anybody in the members lists nor the baptismal list nor the marriage register and funeral lists.
(S117, lst Lutheran at Lynn MA)
Chuck