PDA

View Full Version : Lena and Ole

June Pelo
26-02-05, 22:38
One night, a torrential rain soaked northwestern Minnesota. The next morning the resulting floodwaters came up about 6 feet into most of the homes there.

Mrs. Johnson was sitting on her roof with her neighbor, Lena, waiting for help to come. Mrs. Johnson noticed a baseball cap, floating near the house. Then she saw it float far out into the front yard, then float back to the house; it kept floating away from the house, then back towards the house.

Her curiosity got the best of her, so she asked Lena, "Do you see dat der baseball cap a floatin'
away from da house, den back again?"

Lena said, "Oh yeah, dats my husband Ole; I tole dat lazy-such and such he vasgonna cut da grass
today, come hell or high water!!!!

----------------

Ole and Lena got married. On their honeymoon trip they were nearing Minneapolis when Ole put his hand on Lena's knee. Giggling, Lena Said, "Ole, you can go farther if ya vant to"... so Ole drove to Duluth.

-------------

Lena passed away and Ole called 911. The 911 operator told Ole that she would send someone out
right away.
"Where do you live?" asked the operator.
Ole replied, "At the end of Eucalyptus Drive."
"Can you spell that for me?" the operator asked.
There was a long pause and finally Ole said, "How 'bout if I drag her over to Oak Street and you
pick her up der?"

--------------

Ole and Lena was at the kitchen table for the usual morning cup of coffee and listening to a
weather report coming from the radio.

"There will be 3 to 5 inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. All vehicles
should be parked on the odd-numbered side of the streets today to facilitate snowplows," the radio
voice declared.

"Oh, gosh, OK," said Ole, getting up, bundling up and heading outside to dutifully put his car on the odd-numbered side of the street.

Two days later, Ole and Lena were at morning coffee when the radio voice said:

"There will be 2 to 4 inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. You must park your vehicles on the even-numbered side of the streets."

Ole got up from his coffee as before. He bundled up, shuffled off, and put his car on the even-numbered side of the street.

A few days later, the couple was at the table when the radio voice declared:

"There will be 6 to 8 inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. You must park your cars on the ..." Just then, the power went out.

"Park it where?" Ole asked in the dark, "What should I do?"

"Aw, to heck with them, Ole," Lena said, "Don't worry about it today. Just leave the car in the
garage."

-------------

When Ole and Lena were young and in love they would got to there favorite spot to park. One
night while parked hugging and kissing Ole asks Lena, "Lena how would you like to go in the back?"
"No," she replies. So they hug and kiss some more. Again, Ole asks Lena to go in the back. Lena
replies, "Ole, why are you always asking me to go in the back, I want to stay in front with you!"

Authors unknown.
June

June Pelo
26-02-05, 22:41
Sorry the lines are short and chopped up. They didn't look like that when I posted them.

June

Alice Finnerty
27-02-05, 03:35
June your jokes are great!
Thanks for sharing them. When I was growing up we use to listen to a 45 rpm record and all i remember was the name of the record was "yust go nuts at Christmas". I think the singer was Yogi (?) and it was sung in English but i believe by a Swede.
To watch my father laugh was priceless. And we use to watch a tv show "Farmers Daughter" about a Swedish girl.
Any one remember these?
Thanks again June I look forward to reading more
Alice

Hasse
27-02-05, 10:59
Since the forum seems so quitet lately I'll also contribute with some jokes...:

Ole and Lena got married. On their honeymoon trip they were nearing Minneapolis when Ole put his hand on Lena's knee. Giggling, Lena said, "Ole, you can go a little farther now if ya vant to"... so Ole drove to Duluth.

One particular Sunday Ole was lying back in the hammock and, having just returned from church with Lena, he was feeling a little religious.
"God," said Ole, "vhen you made Lena, vhy did you make her so nice and round and so pleasant to hold?"
Suddenly a voice from above said, "So you would love her, Ole."
"Vell then vhy, oh vhy," asked Ole, "vhy Lord did you make her so stupid?"
"So she would love you," said the voice.

A few years back, on the opening day of deer season, Ole and Sven went hunting together. Sure enough, as was bound to happen with Ole and Sven in the same swamp with guns, Ole accidently shot Sven. Well, Ole jumps into the truck, drives down to the nearest bar and calls the ambulance. Soon, the police, game wardens, fire trucks, EMTs and the ambulance all show up at the scene of the tragedy. The EMTs work frantically on Sven while a nervous Ole waits nearby.
Finally, one of the exhausted paramedics comes over to Ole. "I'm sorry," she says, "We did everything we could. We just couldn't save him."
"OH NO!",cries Ole. "My only brudder! Vat vill I do? I'm so sorry, Sven! Vat could I have done to save you?"
"Well," said the EMT, with a look of disgusted anger on her face, "It would've helped a LOT if you hadn't gutted him out!"

Ole and Sven were out fishing in the boat when Ole felt a tug on his line. When he reeled in his catch he discovered it was only an old lamp. While Ole was rubbing it dry there was a sudden 'poof' and a genie appeared out of the lamp. "Thank for freeing me from the lamp" said the genie. To show my gratitude I will grant you one wish".
After thinking for a few minutes Ole finally told the genie that his wish is for all of the water in the lake to turn into beer. At Ole's request the genie raised his hands and 'poof', the entire lake turned into beer.
"Dat vas perty stupid!" said Sven
"Vy vas dat so stupid?" asked Ole
"Because," Sven replied, "now ve gonna hafta pee in da boat."

Ole goes into the bar after Lena had been out of town for a long while. He was in a bad mood and getting meaner by the drink. He finally ran out of money.
The bartender says to Ole, "Ya ain't gettin nothin free around here unless you can do three things. First, throw that big burly guy at the end of the bar out of here. He is the toughest son-of-a-gun that I know. Then, after you get rid of him, go out back and pull that bad tooth out from my snarly old dog. Youíll hear him out there growling. Last, there is my 80 year old grandma upstairs who hasnít had any 'loving' in twenty years- go make her happy."
Ole, knowing that he is over a barrel, says, "Oh cripes!" and keeps drinkin his last drink. He finishes it, stands up, and says, "Okay, Iím ready for dat big mean son-of-a-bitch". He rushes over to the giant and all of a sudden chairs are crashing, bottles are breaking and there are lots of fists, teeth, and boots flying. Ole finally heaves him through the front window, staggers back to the bar, and says, "As soon as I catch my breath I'll take care of dat old dog of yours".
After a minute or two, Ole heads out back and all you can hear is growling and hollering and it sounds like the dog is winning. This goes on for 10-15 minutes and finally the old dog starts whimpering.
Ole comes staggerin' back in and says to the bartender, "Vell, dat vasn't as bad as I thought it vould be. Now, vhere is your old granny vith da bad tooth?".

Ole, Lena, and little Ole went to the big City for the first time. They were walking down the street and looking in the windows of the big buildings. Little Ole spotted something that caught his eye and ran into a building. Big Ole and Lena followed him. There they all stood in front of a shiny metal door that was cut into a wall of black marble. A chubby, elderly, gray haired lady walked up and pushed a button on the wall next to the door. The door opened and she walked into the little room behind the shiny door. The door closed and the numbers above the door counted up and then down again. The shiny doors opened and a beautiful, well built, young lady walked out.
Little Ole said, "What kind of machine is dat, Pa?"
Big Ole replied, "I don't know little Ole, but push dat button and shove your Ma in there."

When Ole went to play cards with da boys his friend Lars asked him, " Why is it when we play cards you bring your wife, when we go fishing you bring your wife, and when we go bowling you bring your wife."
Ole replied, "Have you noticed that Lena is kind of ugly? Dis way I don't never have to kiss her goodbye."

Ole and Sven grabbed their poles and headed out to do some ice fishing. As they were augering a hole in the ice they heard a loud voice from above say, "There are no fish under the ice."
Ole an Sven moved about 25 feet over and started to make another hole. The voice said a little stronger, " There are no fish under the ice." They both looked around and then looked up.
Ole said in a humble voice, "Are you God?"
The voice spoke back, "No ya damned idiots! I'm the ice rink attendant."

Ole was taking Lena, who was pregnant with twins, to the hospital when his car went out of control and crashed. Upon regaining consciousness, he saw his brother Sven, sitting at his bedside. He asked Sven how Lena was and his brother replied, "Don't vorry, everybody is fine and you have a son and a daughter. But the hospital was in a real hurry to get the birth certificate filed and both you and Lena vere unconscious so I named them for you."
Ole was thinking to himself, "Oh no, vat has he done now?" and said, "Well, what did you name them?"
Sven replied, "I named da little girl Denise."
Ole said, "Ya, dat's a very pretty name! And yust vat did you come up vith for my son?"
Sven smiled and replied, "Denephew."

A man stumbles up to the only other patron in a bar and asks if he could buy him a drink.
"Vy sure," comes the reply.
The first man then asks: "Vere ya from?"
"Norvay," replies the second man.
The first man responds, "Ya don't say, I'm from Norvay too! Let's have anudder round to Norvay."
Curious, the first man then asks: "Vere in Norvay are ya from?"
"Bergen," comes the reply.
"I can't believe it," says the first man. "I'm from Bergen too! Let's have anudder drink to old Bergen."
Curiosity again strikes and the first man asks: "So, vere did you live?"
"On a boat, at da fishin docks," replies the second man.
"Dis is unbelievable!," the first man says. "I lived on a boat at da fishin docks, too!"
About that time in comes one of the regulars and sits down at the bar.
"What's been going on?," he asks the bartender.
"Nothing much," replies the bartender. "Ole and his brother Sven are getting drunk again."

Little Ole decided one day to head for his favorite fishing spot down by the river. As he approached the stream located near some trees, Little Ole suddenly encountered a lady emerging from the river who had been skinny-dipping. When she spotted Little Ole, the lady ran toward an old washtub, abandoned in the trees and held it in front of her to shield her modesty. As she commenced looking for her clothes, she noticed Little Ole staring at her in fascination. Sternly she confronted Little Ole with an icy glare, saying "Young man, do you know what I'm thinking?"
"Sure," said Little Ole,"Yer tinking dat washtub has a bottom on it."

Ole was in a tavern and a visiting Illinois flatlander was getting under his skin. Ole suggested to him: "I'll give you $200, if you let me smash ten beer bottles on your head." The obnoxious tourist thought for a while and finally agreed. Ole smashed the first bottle on the flatlander's head, then the second and so on, but he stopped after smashing nine bottles.
"So, when are you going to smash the tenth bottle?," asked the dazed and bloody FIB.
"I'm not a total idiot," Ole replied, "den I vould have to give ya dat $200."

Sven came over to help Ole put new siding on his house. They put on their nail aprons and grabbed their hammers. They were going at it like a couple of professionals when Ole noticed Sven doing something strange. Every once in a while Sven would pull a nail out of his apron and put it up to the siding. Instead of pounding it in he would throw it over his shoulder.
Ole said, " Hey Sven, what are you doing that fer?"
To which he said, "Some of dese nails is broke. Da head is on da wrong end."
Ole replied, "No, no Sven, dem nails is fer da udder side of da house."

Ole went to the Doctor because he was feeling a little sick. After a few tests the Doctor told Ole, "I'm sorry to tell you that you have a rare disease that is incurable and you are going to die in 6 months. But to help you out I'm going to prescribe that you move in with your mother-in-law."
Ole replied, "Criminy, dat's bad Doc, but vy should I move in vit my old mudder-in-law."
The Doc said, "Because that will be the longest 6 months of your life."

Ole died. So Lena went to the local paper to put a notice in the obituaries. The gentleman at the counter, after offering his condolences, asked Lena what she would like to say about Ole.
Lena replied, "You yust put 'Ole died'."
The gentleman, somewhat perplexed, said, "That's it? Just 'Ole died?' Surely, there must be something more you'd like to say about Ole. If its money you're concerned about, the first five words are free. We must say something more."
So Lena pondered for a few minutes and finally said, "O.K. You put 'Ole died. Boat for sale.' "

Ole walks into work, and both of his ears are all bandaged up. The boss says, "What happened to your ears?"
Ole says, "Yesterday I vas ironing a shirt ven da phone rang and I accidentally answered da iron."
The boss says, "Well, that explains one ear, but what happened to your other ear?"
Ole says, "I tried to call da doctor."

Little Ole was sitting at the kitchen table doing his school homework. He had a puzzled look on his face as he considered the assignment that was due--writing an essay about his origin. He turned to question his mother.
"Mama, vere did Grandma come from?" he asked.
"Da stork brought her, " answered Lena.
"And vere did you come from?" asked Little Ole.
"Da stork brought me," his mother answered.
"And vere did I come from?" Little Ole inquired.
"Vell, son, da stork brought you too," Lena replied.
With a scowl on his face, Little Ole picked up his pencil, turned to his school tablet, and began writing his essay: "Dere have been no natural births in our family for three yenerations."

Ole and Sven were on their very first train ride. They had brought along bananas for lunch. Just as they began to peel them, the train entered a long, dark tunnel.
"Have you eaten your banana yet?" Ole asked excitedly.
"No, " replied Sven.
"Vell don't touch it den, " Ole exclaimed. "I yust took vun bite and vent blind!"

Ole was having eye trouble, so he went to see the optometrist.
"Put this little gadget over your left eye, Ole, " said the optometrist. "Now over the right eye, over the left eye. No, Ole, I said left eye. Now right . . . No Ole, your right eye!"
Completely confused, Ole just looked at the optometrist.
"Now, Ole, " the optometrist continued, "just remember which is your left hand. OK, Ole, cover your right eye . . . No Ole, that's your left eye!"
Finally in exasperation, the optometrist took a brown paper bag, cut a hole in it, put it over Ole's head, and moved the hole back and forth from the left eye to the right eye.
"Now, Ole, " asked the optometrist, "How is that?"
"Vell, Doc, I guess it's all right, " said Ole. "But I vas vishing I could have some wire rims like Sven."

Ole was walking through the mountains of the Northwoods on his way to visit Lena. He was thinking more about the supper he knew she had planned for him instead of where he was walking. All of a sudden he slipped and slid over the edge of the cliff beside the mountain path. About 20 feet down, and with several hundred more feet to go, he frantically grabbed onto a bush that moved but held for the moment.
There he was, hanging by a bush above certain death, and his hands began to perspire and tire almost immediately. "Iss anyone up dere?" Ole hollered.
"I'm here Ole," came the deep voice from above.
"Who's dere? Can ya help me?" Ole yelled back.
The voice answered, "It's the Lord, Ole. Let go and I will save you."
Ole looked down, and he looked up, and he looked at his slipping hands, and he looked down again, and he looked up again.
Finally, he yelled back up the side of the cliff, "Is anyone else up dere?"

Ole and Sven were out deer hunting in da northwoods. Sven shot a really nice buck and Ole was helping him pull it out of the woods. They had a rope tied to one of the hind legs and they were pulling and struggling, going through the deep snow with the other three legs sticking out and getting caught on every clump of brush and whatnot along the way.
About that time the Game Warden came along. After checking their licenses, he said, "You know, it would be easier if you fellas tied the rope to the antlers and pulled him head first. Then the legs wouldn't get caught on everything."
Ole looked at Sven and said, "By golly, I tink he's right."
The Game Warden went on his way and Ole and Sven re-tied the rope to the antlers and started pulling. It was a lot easier. After about twenty minutes, Sven said, "Ole, dat Game Warden sure was right. Dis is a lot easier, but aren't ve getting furder avay from da truck?"

Ole and Sven were taking a vacation in Sven's new camper. As usual, they'd become lost and were wandering around a strange town trying to find the highway. Sven was just starting down a grade to go under a bridge when he slams on the brakes.
Ole: Vat da heck you do dat for, Sven?
Sven: Dat sign dere says "Low Bridge. No Vehicles Over Twelve Feet High." Dis here camper is t'irteen feet!
Ole: Cripes almighty Sven, dere ain't no cops around. Yust hit da gas pedal and go for it!

Sven and Ole were out looking for a job, and they got an interview at a trucking company. The boss was asking them questions, and he says to Sven,
"Sven, pretend that you're driving the truck in the mountains and Ole is asleep in the back. You're going downhill, when all of a sudden your brakes go out. What do you do?"
Sven says, "Well, da first ting I'd do is wake up Ole."
"Why's that?", asked the boss.
"Because he's never seen an accident before!"

Sven and Ole were walking through a field and saw a big hole. They wondered how deep it was; so they threw a rock in but didn't hear it hit the ground. So they looked around and found a big plank, which they dragged over and threw in the hole. Again, they didn't hear a thing, but all of a sudden a goat came running by at incredible speed and plunged down the hole. Still they didn't hear a sound. A bit later a farmer came by looking for his goat.
Sven said, "It might be da goat who yust ran past and yumped in da hole."
"Oh, no," said the farmer, "that can't be... my goat is tied to big heavy plank."

One fine spring day, Ole decided to take Lena for a drive in his new car. As they were driving through town, a policeman pulled them over and told Ole that he was doing 50 miles an hour in a 30 zone.
"Oh, no", Ole protested, "I vas only doing thirty, Officer."
"No, you were doing fifty", replied the cop.
"Really, Officer, I vas only doing thirty", Ole replied stubbornly.
"Well", sniffed the cop, "I clocked you doing fifty!"
At that point, Lena, sitting in the back seat and trying to be helpful, spoke up. "Officer...you really shouldn't argue vit Ole ven he's been drinking."

Ole was talking with his brother Sven, who lived next door, when Sven said, "Ya know Ole, you and Lena should really get some new curtains."
"Vhy's dat?" Ole asked.
"Vel last night I saw you and Lena, vel you know..."
Ole thought for awhile, then said, "Ha-ha Sven, da jokes on you! I vasn't even home last night!"

Ole and Sven were out fishing on the lake one hot summer day. When Sven leaned over the side of the boat to pull up his line he fell in and quickly sank out of sight. Ole watched and waited patiently for him to reappear. After ten minutes or so Ole began to worry.
"Boy, dat Sven sure has been in da water for a long time," he thought, "I better go in and rescue him."
So Ole dove into the lake and swam around the bottom. Unable to see, he was grasping blindly when he felt a cold hand. Gripping it tightly, he turned and headed quickly for the surface. He dumped the body in the boat and immediately began mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
"Yuck," said Ole as he spit over the side of the boat into the water, "Sven, ya sure do taste bad."
After ten minutes of trying without any success, Ole couldn't take it any more and gave up. He sat back with tears in his eyes, looked at the body and exclaimed,
"Goodbye Sven. You vere a good brudder and I'm gonna miss ya. I'm sorry dat yer dead and I'd give anyting to bring ya back. Vhy oh vhy did ya hafta lean over da side of da boat like dat? Vhat am I going to tell Lena? And now dat I tink of it, vhere da heck did ya get dat helmet and snowmobile suit?"

Ole and Sven went fishing one day in a rented boat and were catching fish like crazy. Ole said, "We better mark this spot so we can come back and catch more fish." Sven then proceeded to mark the bottom of the boat with a large 'X'. Ole asked him what he was doing, and Sven told him he was marking the spot so they could come back tomorrow to catch more fish. Ole said, " Ya big dummy, how do ya know ve are going to get da same boat tomorrow?"

There was a sandwich machine in a gas station Sven and Ole stopped at on the way home from fishing. Sven didn't quite understand what the machine was about though. He went to the machine and paid his $1.50 and got one sandwich. He was surprised, and paid another $1.50 to the machine and received another sandwich. Finally he had a huge pile of sandwiches.
Ole came out of the restroom and was wondering what Sven was doing. "Sven, don't ya tink ya should stop now," asked Ole.
"Criminy jeez," replied Sven, "Not now! I'm yust starting to win big!"

Ole, Lena, and Sven were lost in the northwoods and were becoming desperate, having run out of food several days ago. It was winter, the snow was deep, their situation was looking very bleak. When Ole dug down into the snow to look for something to eat , he found an old lamp and upon rubbing it to get the snow off, a genie came out.
The genie says, "I am the great genie of the North and I can grant each of you one wish."
Ole says, "I vish I vas back on my farm." Poof, Ole was gone.
Lena quickly says, "I vish I vas back on da farm wit Ole." Poof, Lena was gone.
Sven was sitting there looking sad and the genie finally says, "What is your wish?" and Sven says, "Gee, I'm really lonely. I vish Ole and Lena vas back here with me".

Toivo, a Finlander from Brantwood, finally gets a ticket to a Packer game. His seat is in the nosebleed section but that's OK - he's at Lambeau Field. So he starts looking around with his binoculars and sees a guy in one of the best seats in the stadium with an empty seat beside him. It looks like an old friend named Ole he knew when he went to school up north. This is driving Toivo nuts, so finally at half time, he goes down, says hello to his old friend, and asks Ole why he has a vacant seat in such a choice location.
Ole says, "My wife, Lena, and I bought dese here seats a long time ago. But sadly, my dear Lena has passed avay."
"Oh, I'm really sorry to hear dat", Toivo says, "but vhy didn't you give da ticket to anudder relative or a friend?"
Ole replies, "I tried to but everyone vanted to go to her funeral instead."

Lena decided that she and Ole needed a bit of culture so she purchased tickets to the ballet. That evening after watching the performance for about 30 minutes Ole leaned over to Lena and whispered in her ear, "I don't see vhy dey dance on their toes. Vhy don't dey yust get taller dancers?"

Ole to a doctor at Mayo Clinic: "I've got a problem. I have a big bowel movement at 6 in da morning every day."
Doctor: "That sounds perfectly normal. Why are you so worried about it?"
Ole: "Yah, but I don't vake up until 7."

Ole went to the doctor for a physical. After Ole was dressed the doctor came in and said "I am sorry Ole, but you are very sick and have only a few weeks to live". Ole went home with a heavy heart to tell Lena the news. After Ole told Lena he sat in his easy chair and Lena went to the kitchen. Soon a heavenly aroma came from the kitchen. Lena was making his favorite cookies! "Lena must really love me" he thought. Ole went into the kitchen and started to take a cookie - Lena slapped his hand away and said "Get avay! Dese cookies aren't for you, dere for da funeral!"

---
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jaska Sarell
27-02-05, 11:16
:D
Lena called the airlines information desk and inquired, "How long does it take to fly from Minneapolis to Fargo?
"Just a minute," said the busy clerk.
"Vell, said Lena, "if it has to go dat fast, I tink Ill just take da bus.
:p
Lena was being interviewed for a job as maid for the very wealthy Mrs. Diamond, who asked her: "Do you have any religious views?"
"No," said Lena, "but I've got some nice pictures of Norway.
One fine spring day, Ole decided to take Lena for a drive in his new car. As they were driving through town, a policeman pulled them over and told Ole that he was doing 50 miles an hour in a 30 zone.
"Oh, no", Ole protested, "I vas only doing thirty, Officer."
"No, you were doing fifty", replied the cop.
"Really, Officer, I vas only doing thirty", Ole replied stubbornly.
"Well", sniffed the cop, "I clocked you doing fifty!"
At that point, Lena, sitting in the back seat and trying to be helpful, spoke up. "Officer...you really shouldn't argue vit Ole ven he's been drinking."
Lena decided that she and Ole needed a bit of culture so she purchased tickets to the ballet. That evening after watching the performance for about 30 minutes Ole leaned over to Lena and whispered in her ear, "I don't see vhy dey dance on their toes. Vhy don't dey yust get taller dancers?"

:) Jaska

June Pelo
27-02-05, 21:58
Alice,

I remember we had that record "I yust go nuts at Christmas" and we played it so much it's a wonder it didn't wear out. Have no idea who sang it.

June

socar
28-02-05, 01:50
I yust go nuts at Christmas was very popular here in NJ also. As I recall the singer was Jorgi Jorgenson.

Hasse
28-02-05, 07:26
Is this the song you're referring to?

The attached document can be played on a Windows Media Player. It is a sample from the track.

I have this song. It can be found on a CD "Dr. Demento Presents The Greatest Christmas..." - Harry Stewart

Hasse
01-03-05, 08:29
Oh, I yust go nuts at Christmas
On that yolly holiday
I'll go in the red like a knucklehead
'Cause I'll squander all my pay.

Shopping sure drives me berserk
On da day before, I'll rush in da store
Like a poor, bewildered yerk!

I look at nightgowns for my vife;
Those black ones trimmed in red.
But I don't know her size and so...
She'll get a carpet sveeper, instead!

When each kid hangs up his sock
It's a time for kids to flip their lids
While their pa-pa goes in hock

Spoken:
On the night before Christmas, it's still in the house
My family is sleeping, so I'm quiet like a mouse
I look at my watch, and midnight is near...
I tink I'll sneak out for a cold glass o' beer.
Down at the corner, the crowd is so merry
I end up by drinking about twelve Tom 'n' Yerry
I get to bed late and, gee vhiz, how I'm sleeping
When, on to my bed, those darn kids they come leaping
They sit on my face and they yump on my belly
And I'm shiverin' all over like a bowl full of yelly
They scream, "Merry Christmas!" My poor wife and me
We stumble downstairs and she lights up the tree
My head is exploding; my mouth tastes like a pickle
I step on a skate and fall on a tricycle
Yust before Christmas dinner, I relax to a point
Then relatives start svarming all over tha yoint
On Christmas, I hug and I kiss my wife's mother
The rest of the year, we don't speak to each other
After dinner, my aunt and my wife's Uncle Louie
Get into an argument- they're both awful screwy
The all my wife's family say Louie is right
And my goofy relations, they yoin in the fight
Back in the corner, the radio's playing
And, over the racket, Gabriel Heater is saying,
"Peace on Earth, everybody, and goodvill tovard men"
And, yust at that moment, someone slugs Uncle Ben
They all run outside whooping so the neighbors'll hear...
Oh, I'm so glad Merry Christmas comes yust once a year!

But I still have lots of fun
Yust the same as you, I enyoy it, too...
Merry Christmas, everyone!

June Pelo
01-03-05, 19:00
You got the right song, Hasse! I can still hear the guy singing in his Swedish dialect. It brings back memories..

June

sune
03-03-05, 13:06
Ole bought himself a pair of waterskis and spent the rest of his life looking for a lake with a slope.

Sune

Alice Finnerty
06-03-05, 02:02
That so is so funny - I cried with laughter to read it!
thank you!
Alice

Shirley King
27-07-05, 22:24
Subject: NORWEGIAN JOKE

Ole is out of work and applies for a job at the plant which is known for not hiring Norwegians. He would have to answer some questions in order to be hired.

"Here's your first question," the boss said. "Without using numbers, represent the number 9."

"Vitout numbers?" Ole says. "Vell den, I can do dat easy," and proceeds to draw three trees.

"What's this?" the boss asks. "'Ain't you got no brain? Tree and tree and tree make nine ," says Ole.

"Fair enough," says the boss. "Here is your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99." Ole stares blankly into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "'O K den, here yew go."

The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"

"Each of da trees is dirty now! So it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty tree. Dat is 99."

The boss is getting worried he's going to have to hire this Norwegian, but then figures out one that he figures Ole doesn't have a chance and says, "All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent the number 100."

Ole stares into space some more, then he picks up the picture again and
makes a little mark at the base of each tree, and says, "OK den, here you go. Vun hunderd."

The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that represents a hundred!"

Ole leans forward and points to the marks at the base of each tree, and says, "A little dog come along and he craps by each tree. So now you got dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd, and dirty tree and a turd,
Dat makes a hunderd. Ven do I start?"

Thanks to sister Alice who e-mailed this to me. I just HAD to share!

granskare
28-07-05, 04:59
I just found this on a yooper jokes page -
http://www.ring.com/yooper/yooper.htm

"Lempi took a job with Odovero Construction to paint lines on M28. The first day he painted ten miles. The boss was very impressed. The second day he painted two miles. The boss was a little disappointed. The third day he only painted 500 feet. The boss sat him down and said," Lempi, how come you paint ten miles the first day, two miles the next day, but only 500 feet today?". Lempi replied, "Well boss, each day I get farther and farther away from the paint can"."

:D