PDA

View Full Version : Forstrom, Alice, Neva & Carl - born Michigan

granskare
22-03-05, 22:04
While at Swenson today, I heard that the genealogist's dad was going to a meeting of the Andover Historical Society and there was going to be something about the orphan's home that was located near the town.
I piped up and said wouldn't it be fun to find the 1920 census images for that place? I managed to find the pages and so he's ready for the meeting. I am writing because I discovered 3 Michigan born kids named Fostrom - Alice age 13, Neva age 11, and Carl age 10. They are listed as having a Finnish born father who spoke Finnish and a Swedish born mother who spoke Swedish.

BIG EDIT: I just looked at the fotocopy and to my horror I discovered the surname is FOSTROM, not FORSTROM!
Chuck:(

granskare
03-04-05, 04:33
I am posting this to draw attention to my spelling error with this surname.

So if you are looking for some Fostrom kids, this could be useful.

Sorry about the error - the name was clearly written so I just inserted an /r/ where it didn't belong.

Chuck:(

christera
03-04-05, 09:34
Hi!
I Looked up in the Finnish name register (https://192.49.222.187/nimipalvelu/default.asp?L=3). There has not been any Fostrom (or Foström) name registered in Finland! Probably it should be Forström (?).

My Grandmothers first mans name was Frans Öström (FOstrom ...). The Fostrom kids you mention, should not , relate to him but he was three times to Amerika. Her is his emigration information:

Lastname
Öström
Firstname
Frans Viktor Johansson
_Muut nimet
_Born
_Siviilisääty
_Uskonto
Lut.
_Ammatti
Torpp. pka
_Kotipaikka
Lapväärtti
_Lääni
VAA
_Passin päiväys
_Passin numero
_Passin kesto (vuosi:kk)
4:00
_Kohdemaa
Amerikka
_Passin antaja
KR
_Huomautus
Sotap. alaikäinen.
Yksityiskohtaiset matkustajatiedot
__

_Sukunimi
Öström

_Etunimet
Frans

_Ikä tai ikäluokka
1M

_Lähtöpaikka
Hanko

_Määräpaikkakunta
Great Falls

_Määräosavaltio
MT

_Määrämaa
USA

_Matkan hinta
FIM 439

_Laiva Suomesta
Polaris

_Lähtöpäivä Suomesta

_Laiva Englannista

_Lähtöpäivä Englannista
. .9999

_Valtamerilinja
Allan Line

_Lähtösatama Englannissa

_Luettelo ja sivu
12/57

_Huomautuksia

Yksityiskohtaiset matkustajatiedot
__

_Sukunimi
Öström

_Etunimet
Frans

_Ikä tai ikäluokka

_Lähtöpaikka
Helsinki

_Määräpaikkakunta
Prince Rupert

_Määräosavaltio
BC

_Määrämaa
CDN

_Matkan hinta
FIM 6336

_Laiva Suomesta
Oberon

_Lähtöpäivä Suomesta

_Laiva Englannista
Ausonia

_Lähtöpäivä Englannista

_Valtamerilinja
Cunard Line

_Lähtösatama Englannissa
Southampton

_Luettelo ja sivu
126/20

_Huomautuksia
Helsinki!

granskare
03-04-05, 16:53
Here is the image for ppl to check out.
In the column for birth of the person, Alice Fostrom is listed as Michigan with the other two kids with a line through the space which somehow suggested "ditto" to me and then in the same spaces for birthstate of Neva and Carl, we see in lighter script "Ill" and further over we see in lang of father, for Alice is is Finnish and for the other two kids it is "LC" and the line across the space. For mother she is Swedish and a similar setup. Now, if Neva and Carl were born in Illinois, that is another error for these eyes and another clue for somebody looking for them.

Chuck:confused: