PDA

View Full Version : Finnish museums in Tacoma, Wash.?

Maggan
19-04-05, 20:06
Hi,
I've been told that a man named John Svedberg, who lived in Tacoma, Wahington had some films shooted in Malax, Finland about 1950 and that he gave these films to a museum in Tacoma.

Our local TV-station, Malax TV would be very interrested in getting a copy of these films. Is there anyone who knows were to start looking?

Sinc.
Maggan

Carolyn Nelson
08-09-05, 10:05
I am not sure who John Svedberg is but I live in Tacoma and know a John Sandstrom who is active in Order of Runeberg. If you think it might be him I can contact him for you. I don't know of a Finnish museum in Tacoma but you might be referring to the Nordic Museum in Seattle.

June Pelo
08-09-05, 20:32
Here is an obit for John Svedberg who died in Bremerton, which isn't far from Tacoma.

June

John Svedberg, 54, of Bremerton died June 4, 2000, at Harrison Hospital of a heart attack. He was born on March 17, 1946, to Reynold and Evelyn
Svedberg in Tacoma. He graduated from South Kitsap High School in 1965. He married Mary Zembal on July 25, 1980, in Port Orchard.

Mr. Svedberg worked at the Naval Supply Center in
Bremerton for 20 years, retiring in 1997. He was a member of the Bremerton Eagles and the Port Orchard Eagles. He was a member of Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church in Bremerton. He is survived by his wife; two brothers, Charles and Ron, both of Bremerton; and two sisters, Sharon Eggert of Omak and Marilyn Hicks of Belfair. He was preceded in death by his parents. A memorial service is planned for 3 p.m. July 29 at the
Eagles in Bremerton. Arrangements are under the direction of Tuell-McKee of Bremerton.
Memorial donations may be made to the Bremerton Eagles Heart Fund, 205 Sixth St., Bremerton, WA 98337.
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:9uu2kYH-_OcJ:web.kitsapsun.com/local/milestones/june2000.html+john+svedberg,+bremerton&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

syrene
05-10-05, 06:18
Dear Maggan,
The largest museum in Tacoma WA is the Washington State Museum. I would suggest you contact Finlander member Ray Thompson who lives in Tacoma. (His wife's family knew Svedberg well.) He would know where to look for you, I think.
Syrene