PDA

View Full Version : Bitumen

Kerstin
21-04-05, 00:08
Hello!
I wonder if enyone can help me to find this people.

Johannes Nordman born 8.6 1881 in Pörtom. Emigrated to Amerika 1913. Declared to be dead with official declaration of death 1.7 1973.

Married 24.6 1910 to Wendla Karolina Zackrisdotter Borgar born in Tölby Korsholm 13.12 1882. Emigrated together with her daughter to Amerika and died in Bitumen Pennsylvania on the 16 of february 1920.

Daughter Anni Ingeborg born in Korsholm on the 10 of december1911. Emigrated to Amerika in 1916. Declared to be dead with official declaration of death 1.1 2002. I have no information about marriage and children.

The familys surname MIGHT also be Åblad.

With greetings from a cold Nynäshamn

Kerstin

kpaavola
21-04-05, 03:32
Wow Kerstin! What luck! If Wendla died in Feb 1920, I figured she wouldn't appear in the census. I found the family and the census was taken Jan 3! So she's listed with husband and 2 daughters.

They were in Noyes, Clinton County, Pennsylvania.

kpaavola
21-04-05, 03:37
I believe this is John and daughter, Tyra, found in Indiana. I haven't looked at the map to see where this is in relation to where they were in 1920.

Inga is not with them so maybe she was already married. ??

Immigration year for John is 1899. Shows born in Sweden but I'm fairly certain this is the correct family.

[edit] Oops! I saw Indiana and thought it was the state. This is Indiana County in the state of Pennsylvania.

kpaavola
21-04-05, 04:53
Kerstin, do you know what Ingeborg's husband's name was? I searched just on Ing* and didn't find anything that looked promising. Maybe she went by Ann(i) but that search would return too many results. Do you have any more clues?

granskare
21-04-05, 19:56
I found the baptismal page for Tyra Maria but because her parents were not members, there is nothing more.

Interesting is the fact that the Åblad surname appeared on the same baptismal list page. Perhaps this Edward Åblad is somebody of interest to you?

This town is close to Bituman. Swenson center does not have a church record for Indiana, PA.

Chuck:)

Kerstin
22-04-05, 19:07
Originally posted by kpaavola
Kerstin, do you know what Ingeborg's husband's name was? I searched just on Ing* and didn't find anything that looked promising. Maybe she went by Ann(i) but that search would return too many results. Do you have any more clues?

Thank you very much for your help Kevin. I asked my mother if she knew if Ingeborg was married, but she didn`t. I think I have to make a phonecall to my uncle, maby he knows if his cousin was married or not.
It was also interesting to find out that they had another daughter. I didn`t knew enything about her. So once again

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

jeanette
25-04-05, 03:37
Hi Kerstin,

I found this listing at SSDI by searching for Tyra and date of birth.
Name Birth Death Last Residence Last Benefit SSN Issued
TYRA M KREMPASKY 17 Dec 1917 Jan 1992 90712 (Lakewood, Los Angeles, CA) (none specified) 052-12-1551 New York

and on the California Death Index fully confirming she is yours
http://vitals.rootsweb.com/ca/death/search.cgi
KREMPASKY TYRA MARIE 12/17/1917 TOLIX NORDMAN F PENNSYLVANIA LOS ANGELES(19) 01/18/1992 052-12-1551 74 yrs

Jeanette

Kerstin
25-04-05, 13:25
Originally posted by jeanette
Hi Kerstin,

I found this listing at SSDI by searching for Tyra and date of birth.
Name Birth Death Last Residence Last Benefit SSN Issued
TYRA M KREMPASKY 17 Dec 1917 Jan 1992 90712 (Lakewood, Los Angeles, CA) (none specified) 052-12-1551 New York

and on the California Death Index fully confirming she is yours
http://vitals.rootsweb.com/ca/death/search.cgi
KREMPASKY TYRA MARIE 12/17/1917 TOLIX NORDMAN F PENNSYLVANIA LOS ANGELES(19) 01/18/1992 052-12-1551 74 yrs

Jeanette

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JEANETTE
Kerstin

Kerstin
19-06-05, 22:12
I Have found some people by the name of Krepansky on SSDI, but I havn`t got eny anserws from them, so I don`t know if they are related to Tyra Marie or not.

I saw in the Ellis Islands records that Vendla Karolina and Anni Ingeborg went to America from Kristiania in Norway in 1916
Kristiania is called Oslo nowadays.

MVH kerstin

christina
20-06-05, 16:21
Emigrants from Norway on this site: http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebMeta.exe

Christina

CNisula
23-03-07, 19:56
I just came across this thread and have some information on the people mentioned as follows:

Johannes Nordman died December, 1965 in Jamaica Queens, New York.

Ann Nordman married Robert Ewig. They had 2 children, Robert, Jr. and Paula. Ann died in November, 1972 and Bob died in June, 1985, both in New Jersey.

Tyra Marie married Pete Krempasky and lived in New York before moving to California. Tyra died in 1992. Her husband is still alive. They have 1 son and 1 daughter.

It is my understanding that Johannes originally emigrated to Gardner, Massachusetts, and would travel to Bitumen to work in the coal mines. According to the census of 1910, Johannes originally came to the USA in 1899.

The reason I am familiar with this information is that Johannes Nordman was the brother of my husband's mother. I hope the original poster is still active on these boards as it seems that there is more than a casual connection.