PDA

View Full Version : Parish Translation & EUR

Tracy Boeldt
19-09-03, 19:46
Hi all,
I just got some news from the Saltvik Parish which was in Swedish--I got most of it but I had a few questions. In several of the entries for my cousins there's this phrase "frånvarande Sverige sedan 26 Oct. 1968" (and after one of the children it as that phrase and then the word "forts") I have translated this to be "absent in Sweden since 26 Oct. 1968 (and forts to mean fast or quickly). Also, Elsa Augusta Johansdr. AARNIO (Luttinen) was listed this way--does this mean that Elsa Augusta Johan's daughter and AARNIO is the last name and Luttinen is the town?

Finally, I do not understand the EUR--this piece of information is 21, 85--what would this be in USA dollars?
Thanks in advance!
Tracy Yeager-Boeldt

Hasse
19-09-03, 20:00
Originally posted by Tracy Boeldt

(and after one of the children it as that phrase and then the word "forts")
continues/continued/...

I have translated this to be "absent in Sweden since 26 Oct. 1968
yep

(and forts to mean fast or quickly).
see above

Also, Elsa Augusta Johansdr. AARNIO (Luttinen) was listed this way--does this mean that Elsa Augusta Johan's daughter and AARNIO is the last name and Luttinen is the town?
I would understand Luttinen as being her previous name, maiden name? Was she prev. married?? What area of Finland was mentioned for her parents etc.?

Finally, I do not understand the EUR--this piece of information is 21, 85--what would this be in USA dollars?

the exchange today: (http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic)

Friday, September 19, 2003

1 US Dollar = 0.88873 Euro

Tracy Boeldt
19-09-03, 20:10
Hasse,
Thanks for the fast reply--the whole sentence goes like this "married 14 Feb. 1915 with Elsa Augusta Johansdr. AARNIO (Luttinen) married Blomqvist b. 14 Sept. 1879 in Piippola, moved 16 1907 from Piippola." I also wanted to thank you for the tip on the Finngen site that the English and Swedish side were down but the Finnish (and the parishes pages) were still up--I did't know that!
Tracy Yeager-Boeldt