PDA

View Full Version : Vidlund Luoma Alahärmä

Gita Wiklund
31-05-05, 19:44
Hi all Ostrobotnians,

So, finally I´ve found out that I have some roots in Österbotten as well.

According to one of my mothers cousin, my mothers gmothers mother, Lisa Wilhelmina Vidlund b.1862 in Alahärmä, started a walk all the way from Alahärmä to Helsinki after her mother, Maria Lisasd:r Keskinen, had died from undernourishment. The whole village suffered from famine, and after they slaughtered the last horse for food, her father, the farmhand Anders Lisasson Vidlund, took her by the hand and started the walk to Helsinki where he found work. This was in the winter 1868.
According to the family memory, Anders Lisasson Vidlund was originally from Sweden.
A check in HisKi show that this family Vidlund lived at a farm named Luoma in Alahärmä. Is there anyone who has done any research in this area?

I would for instance be interested in knowing more about Maria Lisasd:r Keskinen. I can´t find her birth in HisKi, even when I search without the Keskinen name. My mothers cousin says she was born in 1838. I searched the surrounding parrishes as well.

Gita :confused:

staffan
01-06-05, 15:24
Hi Ostrobothnian Gita,

The terrible years of famine 1867-68 - the last major famine in Finland and when over 100.000 people died in one year - have been "vividly" described in many texts, for instance here http://sydaby.eget.net/eng/nybond/famine.htm

If we take the dates in the HisKi database at their face value, one close hit can indeed be found re her birth date.

According to HisKi:

...christened ... 27.4.1862 ... h. (wife) Maria Lisasd:r 25 (years)
Lisa Wilhelmina

which implies Maria Lisasd:r was born before 27.4.1837

and

Alahärmä - christened
Years - 1838
Mother's first name: LISA => Elisabet
Child's first name: MARIA => Maria, Mariaoä., Mariakatharina

Perämäki
Tpdr. Smed.dr. Lis. Gabrs:dr 30/9/
child: Maria

If this Maria is the right person you can probably proceed further backwards with the aid of HisKi.

Regards,

Gita Wiklund
01-06-05, 22:06
Tack Staffan,

Slarvigt av mig. Du har rätt, jag tror min släkting kom ihåg fel ang. födelseåret. Och det är klart, att det kan vara denna Maria född i Perämäki. Men frågan som infinner sig då är : varifrån kommer tillnamnet Keskinen?

vigd 1.11.1861 Luoma drg. Anders Lisasson Vidlund Pig. Maria Lisasd:r Keskinen

Jag får nog söka vidare.

M v h
Gita

staffan
01-06-05, 22:34
Det uppstår så lätt "fel" när man handskas med namn, årtal och datum. Jag skrev själv fel. Det borde förstås hellre stå:

..born ... 25.4.1862 ... h. (wife) Maria Lisasd:r 25 (years)
Lisa Wilhelmina
which implies Maria Lisasd:r was born before 25.4.1837,

men det ändrar ju inte på resonemanget.

Det finns enligt HisKi en gård Keskinen i Alahärmä och man kan anta att Maria har arbetat på gården och samtidigt fått namnet Keskinen som sed var i Österbotten.

Gita Wiklund
01-06-05, 23:36
Hej Staffan,
Jag har ockå sökt på *keski* men får inte fram någon händelse på en gård med det namnet efter 1788-talet. Men om den ändå fanns fortsättningsvis så förstår jag att det kan vara som du säger. Jag trodde att man fick namnet när man föddes på gården, men om man kunde ta det som vuxen efter en gård man arbetade på så är ju chansen stor att det är den här kvinnan som föddes i Perämäki. Då kanske hon vid tiden för vigseln arbetade på den gården. Tack för upplysningen!

Merja
02-06-05, 16:33
Hi,
there is a house called Keskinen in Ylihärmä, neighbouring parish to Alahärmä. The parish of Härmä was divided 1788 which explains why the name Keskinen does not appear after that. My own roots are in Keskinen and I have much of the family in my files. Maria does not appear. I believe Staffan´s reasoning is probably correct.
Merja

christina
02-06-05, 16:53
Hello Merja.
Do you have the parents to Jaakko Keskinen b. 2.5.1912 in Pelkkala, Alahärmä, d.25.3.1954 in Åvist Purmo. He was married to Anni Bernice Nyman b. 4.1.1915 in Sandnabba, Purmo. She emigrated to Canada in 1955.

Christina Nordback

Gita Wiklund
02-06-05, 20:11
Thank you Merja, for your information.
Is it possible that she could have worked as a maid at Keskinen in Ylihärmä at the time of her marriage? She got married in november 1861.
I suppose you don´t have all the information about all the complete household including maids and farmhands.

According to the notes about her age when she died she would have been born 8.4.1837. So I don´t think Staffans suggestion is right. Well, a lot of data remains to be registered in HisKi, so perhaps her birth just isn´t there yet. She could have been born in any parrish.

/Gita

staffan
02-06-05, 21:50
Gita,
Merja Syrjämäki very obviously referred to the Keskinen name in her message, but I must scrutinize your suggestion re your rather exact birthdate of Maria when I have time to do it carefully with the aid of HisKi.

Gita Wiklund
03-06-05, 09:50
Staffan,
This is the data in HisKi underlying my conclusion of her birth date

Död Begravd Gård Person
5.11.1868 8.11.1868 Luoma drgh:,Gift. Maja Lisasd:r Widlund

Dödsorsak Ålder år m. v. d.
Svulnad 31 6 28

Of course this could be wrong, but if it is correct then she must have been born 8.4.1837

staffan
03-06-05, 10:35
Gita, you are right: If we take her age 31 years 6 months and 28 days on 5.11.1868 in HisKi buried at its face value she must definitely be born before the birth date 19.4.1837 of the Maria I suggested but still in April 1837. If you can't find any conclusive data in other sources, that would mainly be the communion books, and we assume that there are no transcription errors in the HisKi data it would be interesting to know the opinion of a more experienced genealogist (which I am not). How reliable are the age data in the books of buried in general or in a particular parish?

christina
03-06-05, 12:02
I min forskning har jag flere födelsedatum som inte stämmer med dödabokens ålder enl. år, månad, dagar.

Christina

Gita Wiklund
03-06-05, 17:15
Yes, as Christina points out one must always be cautious and not taking any data for granted. In this case it´s clear I have to consult other sources.
Thank you all for your comments!

Merja
04-06-05, 16:51
Hi,

unfortunately I do not have access to the communion books of Ylihärmä and can´t check if Maria has worked there as a maid. I do have lists of persons moving in and out of Ylihärmä for the period not in Hiski yet. I only found two Maria Lisasdotters prior to Lisa Wilhelminas birth.
Torparedotter Maria Lisasdotter Pykäri moved to Ylihärmä 20.3.1859 from Vörå.
Inhysesdotter Maria Lisasdotter Högbacka moved from Ylihärmä to Ylistaro 7.2.1857.
There is nothing to suggest that these would be the person you are looking for, except the first name and matronyme and as Maria and Lisa are among the most common names, I would not draw any conclusions from these.
I do also have pigan Kaisa Lisasdotter Widlund who moves from Vörå to Ylihärmä 26.12.1875.

I do not have a Jaakko Keskinen b. 1923 either, sorry.

Merja

Margareta L
04-06-05, 23:38
Hej!
Det är på Perämäki, där Maria Lisasdotter föddes 19.4.1837, som tidigare nämnts. Mor: Lisa Gabrielsdotter Perämäki f. 30.9.1813 Alahärmä. Lisa Gabrielsdotter gifter sig 15.11.1845 i Alahärmä med Jakob Andersson Keskinen f. 26.10.1810 i Alahärmä, Hakola och därav Maria Lisasdotter Keskinen

Margareta

Gita Wiklund
05-06-05, 12:06
Hej Margareta!

Får jag fråga varifrån du hämtar uppgifterna? När jag kollar HisKi ser jag att Lisa Gabrielsdotter gifter sig med Jac. And:ss Hakola nämnda datum och när jag kollar födda 26.10.1810 så hittar jag en Jacob född på Hakola. Men ingenstans nämns namnet Keskinen. Så jag undrar var du hittar det?

Gita

Margareta L
05-06-05, 20:04
Hej Gita,
Det är i Alahärmä communionbok jag följt familjerna. Jakob Andersson Hakola-Keskinens (f.1810) föräldrar Anders Jakobsson Hakola f.2.5.1784 och Susanna Eliasdtr. f.13.5.1773 Kauhava, Eskola (hennes andra gifte). Familjen finns på Hakola 1811-17 och flyttar till Ylihärmä, Keskinen 9.5.1818 (se Hiski, Ylihärmä inflytt.). De återkommer till Hakola 19.3.1829 enl. Alah.com.bok.

1839-45 på Hakola Anders Jakobsson, hu Susanna. Hon dog 25.3.1844. Sonen Jakob f.26.10.1810 ifr. H-fors 14.11.1840, hu. Lisa Gabrielsdtr. f.30.7.1813 Perämäki, dtr. Maria Lisasdr. Notus f.7.4.1837. Här och i fortsättningen har Maria detta föd.datum men på Perämäki 1829-39 har hon rätta föd.datum 19.4.1937.

1845 flyttar Inh. Jakob Andersson Keskinen m.fl. till Perämäki Familjen gjorde en avstickare till Oravais men återkommer 1849 till Perämäki. 1858 flyttar Jakob hu. Lisa och yngsta sonen Anders f.1814 till Kivihuhta. Maria Lisasdtr var piga fr.o.m. 1851 på bl.a. Lehtimäki, Luoma, Perämäki, Kivihuhta.
Var i Sverige skulle Anders Lisasson Vidlund vara född?
Vill du veta mera så kan vi ta det privat.

Hälsn. Margareta

Gita Wiklund
06-06-05, 17:54
Hej Margareta!

Tack för din hjälp! Jag skulle gärna vilja forsätta privat, men funderar hur ska jag skriva till dig, e-postfunktionen via forumet är avstängd. Jag prövar med att skicka ett privat meddelande på forumet istället.

Hälsningar,
Gita