PDA

View Full Version : John Alfred Johnson

June Pelo
14-06-05, 16:47
The following is a copy of the obituary published in the Aitken, Minnesota newpaper for my Grandfather:

JOHN ALFRED JOHNSON

Funeral services were held on Saturday afternoon June 14th at two o'clock from the Bethel Lutheran church at Palisade for John Alfred Johnson with the Rev. Ernest Olson of Mahtowa officiating.

Mrs. George Isaacson sang He's Gone and Arthur Jackson sang a Swedish song and Nearer My God to Thee. Beverly Pasell was organist.

Palbearers were Albin Gustafson, Albert Jackson, Ernest Beck, Uno Kallhem, Hans Edwards and Delphon Forsmark. Burial was in Lakeview cemetary at Rat Lake.

John Alfred Johnson was born in Gamlakarleby, Finland, June 24, 1884. He passed away at St. Luke's hospital, Duluth, June 1, 1952, after two weeks hospitalization. He had been in poor health the past four years.

He grew to manhood in Finland and came to the United States in 1903. He first lived in Superior Wisconsin and was married there to Alina Tylen on August 10, 1910. They came to Palisade and made their home on a farm near Rat Lake in Workman Township. The last few years they lived in the village of Palisade.

He is survived by his wife and five children, Elmer of Grants Pass, Ore; Melvin and Arthur of Eugene, Oregon; Mrs. Ty Elo (Inez) of Clarkston, Washington; Mrs. Verner Sunnell (Dorothy) of Eugene, Oregon; also ten grandchildren. One son preceded his father in death in 1938 (Ellwood).

End of article

Skip

Ellwood V. (Skip) Sunnell
115 Files Road
Gorham, Maine 04038
ssunnell*maine.rr.com

-------
Skip sent this to me. His grandfather was Johan Alfred Johansson Koski-Johnson, 1884-1952.

June