PDA

View Full Version : Korpela

Carol S
16-06-05, 13:23
I am trying to find relatives of my Great Grandmother. Her name was Anna Sofia Andersdaughter Korpela and she was born 12-24-1840 in Pyhajoki Finland and died June 18, 1931 in Raahe, Finland. I need to find her ancestors and any help would be appreciated. One other bit of information was that she was married in 1868 in Finland. Thanks all........:)

Hanhisalo
26-07-05, 20:08
Originally posted by Carol S
I am trying to find relatives of my Great Grandmother. Her name was Anna Sofia Andersdaughter Korpela and she was born 12-24-1840 in Pyhajoki Finland and died June 18, 1931 in Raahe, Finland. I need to find her ancestors and any help would be appreciated. One other bit of information was that she was married in 1868 in Finland. Thanks all........:)

Hi Carol S!
I have found:
Anna Sophia born 12-24-1840 in Pyhäjoki Finland, baptised 26-12-1840. She is the only one born that year and with that name. Unfortunately there is no father written down, but her mothers name is:
Lisa Andersdotter Nords
There is nothing mentioned about Korpela when I check Anna Sophias records but:

There is a Lisa Andersdotter merried an Anders Johansson Korpela. They got a son Anders born 12.8.1844, baptised 21.8.1844 in Pyhäjoki. This Anders could be a brother and if it is the same mother then it would explain that your Anna Sophias last name is Andersdotter Korpela. Children allways gets their last names from there fathers first name. And even if he isn´t her real father he could have given her his name so that the girl wouldn´t be ashamed.

Then it is possiby and this is only guessing from me:
There is a Lisa born 8.1.1817 and baptised 10.1.1817. Father is Soldier Anders Nord and wifes name is Walborg (no last name noticed). This Lisa is born in Pyhäjoki.

Lisas husband Anders Johansson Korpela came to Pyhäjoki in 1841 från Brahestad (Raahe). His parents name are: Johan Andersson Korpela and wife Carin. Age 30, 35 for the parents at the time. Anders was born 4.10.1812, baptised 5.10.1812, they came from the village:Pattijoki. He could be the real father, because he was sentenced for having sex before marriage and that was about 1841. But it is not certain he is the real father. It sometimes happens that it is written that a child has no father and later the mother lives with the real father.

Hope this could give you any help
Best regards
Anna

:cool: