PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Musician Einar A. Swan

LBacklund
16-06-05, 21:29
Sven Bjerstaedt, at Lund University, and I are looking for information regarding E.A. Swan, who was born of Finland Swedish parents in Fitchburg, MA. Swan became a composer and musician. The Jazz standard "When Your Lover Has Gone" (1931) is his best known composition. Swan also arranged big band music and played saxophone in the Dorsey ochestra. He died in 1940. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

Två interesserade söker information om Einar A. Swan, född i Fitchburg till Finlandsvenska föräldrar, berömt som kompositör till "When Your Lover Has Gone" (1931). Swan dog i 1940 i New York. Om ni har mera att tillägga, var så god och skriva!

June Pelo
17-06-05, 01:23
Syrene Forsman and I posted queries about Swan during the month of May. Norden newspaper (May 12, 2005) also ran an article about him. My query brought this response:
Einar Swanson Birth Date:13 Apr 1898 Death Date: Nov 1981 Social Security Number: 022-03-2138 Massachusetts Actual Death
Residence:Masschusetts Death
Residence Localities Zip Code:02154
Have a good day,
Harold (JOHANSSON)Kjellman
E-mail:haroldkj*aol.com

I sent this on to Mr. Bjerstedt.

Norden reported that the Finnish pianist and composer Heikki Sarmanto may know more. He worked with Einar's sister Aina Swan Cutler of North Carolina - she wrote English text to some of Heikki's compositions.

You can read the above queries by using the Search function on Finlander and typing Einar Swan in the search box.

June