PDA

View Full Version : Introduction From A New Member

Mary H.
22-06-05, 23:08
Hello Everyone, I am Mary Homan and I live in Kent, Washington. (near Seattle) I have just recently started researching my families roots. I stumbled upon the DELPHI Article Collection website one day about 2 months ago, which led me to this website.
I am researching my Great Grandparents who were Anders Berndt Andersson Winell and Hilma Sofia Johansdotter Hauki/Haukilax. They settled in Kent City, Michigan after coming over from Karleby, Finland. They were both Swedish-Finns.

I have been in contact with June Pelo who has been a great help and has emailed me tons of information on Hilma Sofia's Family. Which led to me getting in touch with one of my relatives in the Karleby area. So far this geneology reasearch has been a great experience and is addicting.

June Pelo
23-06-05, 01:04
Hello Mary and welcome to Finlander. I just wrote a letter to my cousin Joyce and told her about you and your great grandfather. She knew about his sister Alma Sofia, but didn't know about the rest of the family. I have the address of Ingeborg's son James, if you want to contact him. Tage Hauki wrote to me and I sent him some data. He and his family look forward to a visit from you.

June