PDA

View Full Version : Frank,Robert,Josephine Lind 1881

Ruth lind
25-06-05, 18:14
Hello, I have been researching the Lind family who migrated to the US in 1881. All I have is a place of birth. Francis Robert Lind, Born Nov.23,1879 in Felsingfor. Parents was Robert Lind, Josephine Fornes or Tornes/Lind.
I only have where Francis and his mother settled her in the US.
Gardiner, Montana.I do no know the place of Departure was or the Port of Entry here in the US.

Josephine Lind remarried a John Rasmussen from Denmark. Ihave a 1900 census records that looks like he came to the US in 1891.
I have searched a lot of ship and passenger records cut came up with nothing. Can you help me locate at least the Port of Departrue for Finnland, and a Parish for Helsingfor? Do you think this is enough to go on for a search there/
Thank You
Ruth A. Lind
USA

Kaj Granlund
02-07-05, 13:49
you could try to email the parishes at sukututkimus*evl.fi. give them what u know and your address. There is a fee for their work.

granskare
03-07-05, 07:48
http://www.emiarch.dk/search.php3?l=en

Welcome to sfhs! You can search for Rasmussen at this Danish emigrants website. I would try but I have no age for him or destination, etc, etc.

As to Lind, perhaps I can find something in NY arrivals cds next week. I will let you know what I find. Transcriber shouldn't be too hard on the surname Lind:)
No Swedish churches anywhere close to Gardiner so that door is closed.

Chuck

Karen Norwillo
03-07-05, 21:09
Ruth, I found the family on the 1900-1910-1920-1930 census in Gardiner, Park, Montana. I also found him on the WWI Draft Reg. He is listed as Francis Robert Lind, date of birth matches, 23 Nov 1879, age 38, wife Maude Lind, employed by the Nat'l Park Service at Yellowstone Park, WY. He signed as Francis Robert Lind.
I took a clue from the 1900 census where he is listed as Frank Lind, step-son of John Rasmussen. Dates of emigration for him and Josephine 1881.
1910-20-30 all in Gardiner. Some errors on where born, but it's him. Maude was born in WY, their son, Clarence in MT, abt 1909-1910. He is listed as Frank Lind on all. 1910 he's a salesman in a dept. store, 1920 and 1930 he is a mail contractor for the US mail. Clarence was still at home, age 20, in 1930, a salesman in a gen. store. 1910 has him born Sweden, 1920 in Wisconsin, 1930 Finland. At least they got one right. Karen