PDA

View Full Version : Pikkarainen, Otto & Amanda

Lbahr
27-07-05, 19:08
I am looking for anyone who knows info about Otto Pikkarainen, born 1871 in Olhava, Ii parish, Oulu province, Finland. His parents were Matti and Anna Pikkarainen. My mother was the daughter of Vivian, Otto and Amanda's daughter. I am very new and overwhelmed where to begin or how. There was a reunion in 1997 in Minnesota for relatives of Otto Pikkarainen that I saw on the Internet. I only found this out yesterday. Where do I go now?

June Pelo
27-07-05, 22:04
I know someone in Minnesota with Pikkarainen names in his family. I don't know anything about them but I'll send you a private message about this. Check your incoming private messages.

June

June Pelo
28-07-05, 02:20
I just contacted your Pikkarainen relative and sent him a copy of your mail. He said you are part of his family and he's glad to know about you. He received your mail and will be in touch.

June

Lbahr
28-07-05, 20:30
June thank you so much for helping out. Chuck contacted me and wow am I impressed with the wealth of knowledge. Once again, thank you. I actually have a little more information that can be added to his that he did not have. It definitely a joint effort isn't it?

Linda

June Pelo
28-07-05, 20:39
Susan,

I'm glad that Chuck wrote to you. I met him years ago when I happened to see his query in a Finnish language magazine which I couldn't read - but I recognized the names he was seeking. So I contacted him and gave him some info. and we've been in touch ever since.

June