PDA

View Full Version : Nobody left that knows info on my gp Peter & Anna Niemi (huttunen) by Jenni Knutsen

finlander
21-09-03, 18:04
My great grandparents names are Peter and Anna Niemi. Niemi is the name they used after coming to us in 1903 or so. Huttunen is supposed to be their name in Finland.
Peter was born in 1858 in finland. He was 1st married to my great grandmas sister until she died , then he married Anna (Pul???) 2 sons were born in finland. Ralph and Van. Can anyone help me?

Re: Nobody left that knows info on my grandparents Peter & Anna Niemi (huttunen) by Alicia Marshall

Hi,
Does this immigrant record look like him?
Last name Huttunen
First names Petter
Other names *
Birth date 16.04.1858
Marital status 2
Religion Lut.
Occupation Loinen
Home parish Kuopion pit.
Province KUO
Passport date 17.01.1903
Passport number 53
Passport valid (year:month) 3:0
Destination Amerikka
Passport issued by KUO
Remarks Sj vmo ja 2 lasta.

Re: Re: Nobody left that knows info on my grandparents Peter & Anna Niemi (huttunen) by Syrene Forsman

Hi Alicia,
Just a thank you for your generosity in sharing time and effort to check out queries. I'm sure persons for whom you rebuild a bridge to ancestors feel a lurch of pleasure as they read your info.
Syrene Forsman
president SFHS

Re: Nobody left that knows info on my grandparents Peter & Anna Niemi (huttunen) by Jennifer Knutsen

I found this same page, along with Annas and 2 children. But I cannot find anyone beyond or besides. I know I have remaining family in Finland , I just cannot seem to get aany further. Annas maiden name was Poulainen (might be spelled wrong) Peter was also a Luthern minister. He originally came to usa with parishoners around 1900 to help them settle. Any leads or info on who I could contact that might be able to help would be great. Thank you for taking time to respond and look up info for me. Greatly appreciated....

Re: Nobody left that knows info on my grandparents Peter & Anna Niemi (huttunen) by Jennifer Knutsen

Yes this is as far as I have gotten. But recently I was given the names Helena Kartunen and the date 7-16-1822. And the name Becca Huttunen. Anna's last name , I think, was Poilianen. She was born 1866

Re: Nobody left that knows info on my grandparents Peter & Anna Niemi (huttunen) by Jen Knutsen

Yes this is the only info that I have located so far. My monetary resources are tied up, so I am trying to do this thru free resorces.
I have also been told peter Huttunn also had a son--Onni Huttunen born in finland and didn't come with to USA at same time. He was the son of Annas sister who was Peters first wife who passed away around 1900. And a son named Kalle (Charlie) Huttunen.