PDA

View Full Version : Law breaking ancestors

domander
01-09-03, 16:58
Hi there,

I'm trying to get information on the details concerning 2 crimes that 2 ancestors were convicted of committing.

The first was a charge of pilferage for Alexander Domander in either Iitti or Helsinki in 1877.

The 2nd was a sentence of 2 years in penetentiary for Teodor Nikolai Domander for manslaughter again in either Iitti or Helsinki. He was sentenced on 26/11/1891.

I'd like to get all available details for these crimes which may still exist. Does anyone know who I should contact? Thanks!

- Brian Domander

syrene
20-09-03, 05:32
If Domander is a Swedish-speaking name, perhaps an article about the judgement has been saved in the "Brages Klipparkiv". It's located in Helsingfors. They will search their collection, and send you a xerox copy for a very low fee. '

Hasse, do you have the email address handy?
Syrene

Hasse
20-09-03, 07:56
Originally posted by syrene
Syrene

Yes Syrene. Brage is one of our customers.

pressarkivet%40bragehelsingfors.fi

domander
20-09-03, 16:45
Thanks syrene,

A member here has been doing some research for me on this matter and has found some 25 full pages of transcript from one of the trials. The other trial transcript will soon be found. Apparently, there is a great deal of information that sheds light onto this life and times. Thanks for your suggestion.

- Brian

Originally posted by syrene
If Domander is a Swedish-speaking name, perhaps an article about the judgement has been saved in the "Brages Klipparkiv". It's located in Helsingfors. They will search their collection, and send you a xerox copy for a very low fee. '

Syrene