PDA

View Full Version : Updates to HisKi

Paivi T
16-08-05, 07:03
Two fresh batches of updates have been added to HisKi within the last couple of days, the latter of them just this morning (16 Aug).

Päivi T

Gita Wiklund
16-08-05, 19:19
What have been added since 15.7.2005?

:confused: Gita

SusanR
16-08-05, 19:36
Originally posted by Paivi T
Two fresh batches of updates have been added to HisKi within the last couple of days, the latter of them just this morning (16 Aug).

Päivi T

What is this??:confused:

Paivi T
16-08-05, 20:45
HisKi is short for "historian kirjat", history books in English. It is a project of the Genealogical Society of Finland, with the goal of converting old church records such as births, weddings, deaths etc. into an online database.

Update lists can be viewed at:

www.genealogia.fi/indexe.htm > HisKi - Church Records > Updates of the search database

Clicking on a date link displays the list of parishes with updated data, describing also the type of data that was added or corrected.

Päivi T

SusanR
17-08-05, 06:46
thank you and to June also.

I went to the link and looked around, especially at the Cemeteries - I love to look at old headstones. And there were headstones for some of my Family members - that is so cool.

I can't begin to thank everyone on here who has helped me find so much information on my Family - it is truly amazing and it is even getting my Mom interested in her family history.

Susan