PDA

View Full Version : Erik Johansson Ryss

June Hall
06-09-05, 03:56
I am interested in finding ancestors of Erik Johansson Ryss b. April 21, 1809 in finland and d. 1868 and also his wife Greta Johansdotter whom he married on Feb. 12, 1835 in Mona, Finland. Greta was born Jan. 17, 1813 in Vaasa, Finland. Their children were Brita Greta Eriksdotter Ryss b. July 20, 1839, Karl Hagglund Eriksson b. Mar. 27, 1841 in Munsala, Vaasa, Finland, Kajsa Lisa Eriksdotter Ryss, b. Jan. 18, 1851 and Maria Sofia Eriksdotter Ryss, b. Oct. 3, 1853 in Mona village, Munsala, Finland. I have most of the descendants for their children but have not been able to trace Erik or Greta's ancestors. Any help would be appreciated.

June Pelo
06-09-05, 18:07
Welcome, June,

(Surprised to meet another June on this list!). If you check the Talko database for Knuts, you'll find your Erik Johansson Ryss, b. 1809. He also used the Gädda name. He married Greta Johansdotter Flen, and the children are also listed. This info. was submitted by Börje Westö.

I noticed that Finlander member Carol Hanes has Maria, b. 1853, but no other information.

June

June Hall
06-09-05, 18:22
Thanks June
Carol Hanes just visited me last weekend. She is my 3rd cousin. I have given her all of the information I have.

CateG
25-04-08, 15:26
hello! still need help? I have the book "The Ryss family in Mona" I am a descendant of Johan Johansson Skytt in Finland.

/cate

June Hall
02-05-08, 05:06
hello! still need help? I have the book "The Ryss family in Mona" I am a descendant of Johan Johansson Skytt in Finland.

/cate
Hi Cate,
Yes I still do need help with the ancestry of Erik Johansson Ryss & Greta Johansdotter. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
June

CateG
02-05-08, 12:13
ok, what do you need? I don´t have the book right, my mother has it, so I can ask her! =)

June Hall
02-05-08, 18:37
Hi Cate
I have ancestry for Erik Johansson Ryss going back to Jacob Bosund b. 1689 & Lisa Mattsdotter but none before that. On Greta Johansdotter's side I only have the name of her father, Johan Joransson & mother Carin Josefdotter with no dates or any ancestry before them. Any help would be appreciated.
June

bert
04-05-08, 14:10
Hi June
Here is what I have right now.There is the Jacob Bosund at the oldest I have on the paternal line.But the Gädda Line goes longer back.I think maybe Verna Peltola have more about the Gädda line.

CateG
05-05-08, 11:48
ok, I´m afraid that in the book that I have, Erik johansson Ryss is the first one.. =/