PDA

View Full Version : speeding

Kaj Granlund
25-09-05, 17:51
Mybe this is an old one but still:

The pope was visiting USA. At the airport they met him with a huge limousine. He looked at the chauffeur: Wow, Ive never been driving a limousine myself can I try to drive it? The chauffeur hesitated but thought that a pope must be careful, so he allowed the pope to sit in the front and he himself sat in the back of the car.
But he was mistaken. Soon a patrol car stopped the limousine for speeding.
The officer came up to the car and looked at the driver. Then he run to his car and called his boss. Ive got a big problem here. There is a very important person that weve caught for speeding.
- Is it the mayor?
- No not at all
- Is it a senator?
- No, more important
- You mean a minister?
- Must be even more important!
- You cannot be true that it is the president?
- No
- But who can be more important than the president?
- Im not sure whom we have caught but he has got the pope as his chauffeur.

Shirley King
26-09-05, 15:54
I had never heard this one, Kaj! It is so funny and gave me a good laugh to start my day! Thank you. Shirley

Alice Finnerty
01-10-05, 03:04
Church gossip

Mildred, the church gossip, and self-appointed monitor of the
church's morals, kept sticking her nose into other people's business. Several members did not approve of her extra curricular activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence. She made a mistake, however, when she accused
George, a new member, of being an alcoholic after she saw his old pickup parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon. She emphatically told George and several others that everyone seeing it there would know what he was doing.
George, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and just turned and walked away. He didn't explain, defend, or deny. He said nothing. Later that evening, George quietly parked his pickup in front of Mildred's house
... walked home ... and left it there all night.

Don't you just love 'ol George!

This made me laugh and roll on the floor .... something I would do
:D Alice