PDA

View Full Version : Finlander Job Application

nilla316
27-09-05, 18:04
I once had a "Finlander Job Application" with questions like "whose Poi you" Does anyone know where I can find one of those online.

Please email me at nilla316*hotmail.com

Hasse
28-09-05, 09:16
I guess you mean this:

Application form (http://www.hattijahunen.com/application.htm)

---
At the end one suitable Finlander joke:

Three construction workers, one Italian, one German and one Finlander, are sitting on a beam WAAAAAY up, eating their lunches.
The Italian opens up his sandwich and yells "Oh No! Salami again! If I open up my lunch tomorrow and find a salami sandwich again, I'm gonna jump!"
The German opens up his lunch next. "Ohhhh!, Bratwurst again!
If I open up my lunch tomorrow and find another bratwurst....goodbye cruel world! -- I'm jumping!"
Heikki is last to open up his lunch. "Ah, heck, Peanut butter and Jelly AGAIN!
If I get peanut butter and jelly again tomorrow..."Look out below!”
The next day the Italian finds he's got a salami sandwich again. He jumps. Pheeeeeeeeeoooooo SPLAT.
The German discovers another bratwurst in his lunch. He jumps. Pheeeeeeeeeoooooo SPLAT.
Heikki opens his... peanut butter and jelly....Ahhhhhhh! SPLAT!
The three wives of the construction workers talk to another construction worker to find out what happened and get together to talk about it. All three of them are upset and crying.
The widow of the Italian man says, "I don't understand. All he had to do was tell me he didn't want salami again.”
The German’s widow says, "I don't understand, either. Why didn't he simply tell me he wanted something other than bratwurst?"
The Finlander’s widow says, “I REALLY don't understand it!... ..Heikki always made his own lunches!"

---

A construction site boss was interviewing men for a job, and Heikki applies.

The boss didn’t like Finnlanders, so he decided to set a test for Heikki, in which he didn’t think Heikki could answer the questions, so he would be able to refuse him the job without getting into an argument.

The boss says, “For the first question I want you to use pencil and paper and represent the number 9, without using any actual numbers.”

Heikki says, "Dat's easy" and proceeds to draw three trees.

The boss says, "What’s this?" Heikki says "Tree 'n tree n' tree makes nine."

"Fair enough," says the boss. Second question, same rules, but this time represent 99. Heikki stares into space for a while, then makes a smudge on each tree.

"Dare ya go," he says.

The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth does that represent 99?"

Heikki says, "Each tree's dirty now! So it's dirty tree, n'dirty n' dirty tree, dats 99."

The boss says, "All right, question three. Same rules again, but now I want you to make the number 100."

Heikki stares into space again, then he makes a little mark at the base of each tree and says, "Der ya go, 100!"

The boss looks at Heikki’s drawing and says, "Come on Heikki, how is this supposed to a hundred."

Heikki leans forward and points to the marks at the tree bases, and says, "A little dog came along and pooped by each tree, so now you've got, dirty tree an' a turd, dirty tree an' a turd, an' dirty tree an' a turd, that makes one hundred - when do I start?"

debbiesantelli
29-09-05, 08:44
Oh my! I immediately recognized my father's English as I read the job application. Having grown up hearing words and grammar just like that, it certainly wasn't difficult to comprehend. I am thankful that he isn't ashamed of the "Finn-English" he speaks -- with anyone and everyone. It brings a smile to my face!

Thanks for sharing.

Debbie