PDA

View Full Version : Reinstated member

rwpalmer
28-09-05, 18:10
I retired from 30 yrs active U.S. Naval service in 1977. Was married, two living children 53 and 45 yrs. My father was Frederick Arne Palmer who ostensibly emigrated from Finland, date unknowm. I do not know his birthdate or when he emigrated from Finland, possibly Sweden. His Marriage Certificate (New York City) names his father as Frederick, his mother as Emilia Wilander. Marriage Certificate further sites Finland as birthplace both of my parents. Mother was born in Terjärv, 1900. No vital statistics on father yet available despite restless research by so many. It has been determined, though, that he was born sometime between 14 May 1901 and 26 December that same year. I entertain no recollection whatsoever of my mother, the only truly memorable recollection derives from a supervised meeting with her at the Harlem Vallet Mental Hospital, Wingdale, NY, where he was institutionalized for the remainder of her years. Schizophrenia, catatonic. She died in 1975. Father is also assumed dead by this time, never having seen him again after he placed my brother Donald and me on a bus headed for New York City's Children Welfare Services, Feb 1934. We were thereafter wards of New York City, raised in the city's Five Points House's "Happy Valley", in Pomona, N.Y. At age 18 I enlisted in the U.S. Navy directly from therev where I remained for 30 years. There is more,to this story of course.

syrene
29-09-05, 06:01
Agda Johanna Villiamsdotter FORSBACKA

Home Page | New Search | Individual | Pedigree | Descendancy | Logout English Svenska
Birth 3 FEB 1900 Terjärv
Sex Female
Died 21 DEC 1975 USA, Southington, CT
Person ID I27606

Father Abraham Villiam Karlsson FORSBACKA, b. 19 JAN 1863, Terjärv
Mother Alina Johanna Andersdr BEXAR, b. 20 JUN 1872, Terjärv, Kofvas
Group Sheet F4211

Family 1 F.A. PALMER
Children 1. R.W. PALMER
2. D.F. PALMER
Additional material may also be in Talko where this came from
Syrene