PDA

View Full Version : missing person

sokko
06-10-05, 08:59
Hi everyone
I am looking for a grandfather to my brother-in-law. His name was Hiskias Kuivanen, born 3.11.1876 in Parkano,Finland. He emigrated to USA at 1901 with his wife and son. The wife Aleksiina and son Lauri returned back to Finland later.Sometimes he used the name Maki. He died at 1915 at States, the rumer says he was murdered somewhere.
If somebody has him in ones files, I would be greatfull to know what happened to him, where he lived and so on.

Regards
Sokko

Karen Norwillo
06-10-05, 20:39
Sokko, I found many Kuivanen on Ancestry.com, but not Hiskias. There were many settled in Michigan, Mass. and some in Maine. I found an Anshelm Kuivanen from Parkano arrived 7 Apr 1910 going to Long Cove, ME to brother Efraim ? spelling. They have it interpreted as Koklinfki. I looked at it and couldn't make it out. Anshelm was 25 and single. Father Oskar Kuivanen. I found the same person on the WWI Draft Registration in Gloucester, Essex, MA. Anshelm Erland Kuivanen, 34, born 7 Feb 1884 in Finland. Quarryman for Rockport Granite Co. Wife, Hilja Kuivanen.I found him and his family in the census also, still in Gloucester, Mass. This was a big quarry area and most men were employed as rock cutters.Lots of Finns. I checked Rockland, ME, but only found a Davi? Kivinen, 25, single, Finn, to US 1902, works in quarry. Lots of Finns here, most work as stone cutters. You mentioned Hiskias sometimes used Maki. On the 1930 census where i found Anshelm and family,a few lines above, there is a Nicolas Maki, boarder, Finn, works in quarry. Not sure how Hiskias would sound to the untrained ear. Karen

sokko
07-10-05, 11:28
Dear Karen

Thank you for trying. His relatives in Minnesota donīt know anything about what happened to Hiskias. Only for sure that he arrived to USA and died there.

Regards
sokko

Originally posted by Karen Norwillo
Sokko, I found many Kuivanen on Ancestry.com, but not Hiskias. There were many settled in Michigan, Mass. and some in Maine. I found an Anshelm Kuivanen from Parkano arrived 7 Apr 1910 going to Long Cove, ME to brother Efraim ? spelling. They have it interpreted as Koklinfki. I looked at it and couldn't make it out. Anshelm was 25 and single. Father Oskar Kuivanen. I found the same person on the WWI Draft Registration in Gloucester, Essex, MA. Anshelm Erland Kuivanen, 34, born 7 Feb 1884 in Finland. Quarryman for Rockport Granite Co. Wife, Hilja Kuivanen.I found him and his family in the census also, still in Gloucester, Mass. This was a big quarry area and most men were employed as rock cutters.Lots of Finns. I checked Rockland, ME, but only found a Davi? Kivinen, 25, single, Finn, to US 1902, works in quarry. Lots of Finns here, most work as stone cutters. You mentioned Hiskias sometimes used Maki. On the 1930 census where i found Anshelm and family,a few lines above, there is a Nicolas Maki, boarder, Finn, works in quarry. Not sure how Hiskias would sound to the untrained ear. Karen