PDA

View Full Version : Fors/Forsbacka or Tarvonen-Högkull?

Karen Norwillo
09-10-05, 18:07
I'm abit confused by some Talko gedcoms. Information I have under one name seems to be the same person under another. For instance, is Hans Larsson Tarvonen-Högkull 1635 and Hans Larsson Fors 1635 the same person? Both married to Margareta, both given as father to Johan Hansson Fors-Forsbacka aka Johan Hansson Tarvonen-Högkull, both born 10 Oct 1669, both married to Kerstin, then Maria Johansdotter Fors-Forsbacka. Is it just a matter of moving, taking a new farm name? Thanks, Karen

June Pelo
09-10-05, 21:42
Karen,

Yes, I think it's a matter of moving to another farm - some people enter all the farm names and I try to do that. It could also be that the husband took his wife's family name if they lived on her family farm. Sounds like Jaska's data you're referring to. He's away from his computer until Nov. so he isn't able to reply.

June

Karen Norwillo
10-10-05, 22:23
Thanks, June. I heard from Jaska and he told me he would be away for awhile, but would check when he gets back to his computer. Karen

Kaj Granlund
18-10-05, 19:25
The farms are very close to each other, so that might be one reason why the names changed. A) through marriage some parts were transported to the other farm B) through marriage the husband had the farmname of his wife as he moved to her house. C) there have been reorganisations of the land througout the times, and that might also sometimes be a reason why the same family can have different "farm names"

June Pelo
18-10-05, 21:32
Kaj,

Just wanted to tell you that I read your article in the SFHS Quarterly about the Christmas Cross - very interesting.

June

Jaska Sarell
18-10-05, 22:30
Originally posted by Karen Norwillo
I'm abit confused by some Talko gedcoms. Information I have under one name seems to be the same person under another. For instance, is Hans Larsson Tarvonen-Högkull 1635 and Hans Larsson Fors 1635 the same person? Both married to Margareta, both given as father to Johan Hansson Fors-Forsbacka aka Johan Hansson Tarvonen-Högkull, both born 10 Oct 1669, both married to Kerstin, then Maria Johansdotter Fors-Forsbacka. Is it just a matter of moving, taking a new farm name? Thanks, Karen
Hi Karen,

There absolutely is confusion in my data concerning Högkull and Tarvonen farms in 18th century. :confused:
However Fors, later renamed Forsbacka, is based on Edvin Brännbacka's article in Släkt och Bygd #21 of early farms and farmers at Lappfors village:
1573-1608 Erik Mattsson, son
1608-1621 Mickel Mattsson, son
1629-1656 Lars Mickelsson, son
1658-1685 Hans Larsson, son
1686-1704 Matts Hansson, son
1706-1714 Per Hansson, brother

Another brother Johan Hansson was first married with Kerstin, and later with Beata Sigfridsdotter Tarvonen. He moved then (when?) to Tarvonen farm and died there. Beata was a daughter of Sigfrid Påhlsson Tarvonen (from Lappajärvi) who purchased in 1661 former Högkulla farm that was then deserted. Later the records seem to use both Högkull and Tarvonen names for a single farm, and at some date two separate farms of these names appear. Daughters Anna and Maria married to Tarvonen or Högkull and Högkull or Tarvonen, respectively. I haven't quite figured out this - anyway that's not my ancestry ;)

:) Jaska
[just dropping by]