PDA

View Full Version : Pehrs and Ventjärvi

June Pelo
10-10-05, 20:40
Alan Johnson would like to know if he has living relatives in Finland - he'd like to contact them. His father was Clarence Johnson, son of Gustav Emil Hansson Pehrs-Johnson, b. 1880, Pedersöre, married in Seattle to Fanny Johanna Alexandersdotter Ventjärvi, b. 1887 in Såka, Karleby, daughter of Alexander Henriksson Kulla, b. 1836, Såka, married to Lovisa Mattsdotter Huhta, b. 1851, Karleby.

Gustav Pehrs' was the son of Hans Johansson Pehrs, b. 1849, Pedersöre, married to Maria Isaksdotter Klubb, b. 1852, Östensö.

June

cdahlin
11-10-05, 11:05
Hello!

At least I can say that one of his relatives died recently. He will be buried next friday. He was Anders Söderlund from Östensö. Anders' daughter's daugher is a student in my class.

I'm going to check my database tonight and see what more I can find about these descendants. I have a lot of Pehrs names in my family tree on my mother's side.

Christian Dahlin

June Pelo
11-10-05, 16:21
Christian,

It would be nice if you could find someone Alan can write to. He's living in France at the moment and hopes he can visit some of his relatives in Finland.

June

cdahlin
11-10-05, 16:45
Hello June!

I took a quick check in my database and found that my mother and Alan are 4th cousins. I had to go back to Hans Andersson Pehrs-Östensögård b. 1782 until I found a common ancestor. Of course there are a lot of descendants to this Hans Andersson Pehrs-Östensögård today here in Pedersöre. But perhaps someone else have more information about Hans Johansson Pehrs' (b. 1849) other children. Unfortunately my database doesn't go further than this.

I will check with a friend in Östensö to see if he has more information to give.

Christian

June Pelo
12-10-05, 01:27
Thanks, Christian. Jaska also seems to have data on these names, but he isn't at his home for a few weeks.

June

cdahlin
12-10-05, 07:03
There is a chance that Alan's branch from Pehrs goes to the Jansson family in Helsinki. There was a politician named Jan-Magnus Jansson who came from this branch. Mr. J-M Jansson was married to Siv Dahlin who is 2nd cousin to my father.

I will get more information tonight.

Christian

tportfors
12-10-05, 13:33
Hi June and Christian,

Is this Hans Andersson Pehrs-Östensögård b. 1782 (04-04)
maybe son of Anders Henriksson Hansten, b. 1757-02-25 and Sara Mattsdotter Sudd, b. 1758-05-01 ?

My greatgrandmother Maria Amanda Hansten comes from this line.

cdahlin
12-10-05, 19:48
Yes, your greatgrandmother comes from this family. I visited a lady today and from her I got some new information about this branch of the Pehrs family. Unfortunately it isn't complete, your ggm's family isn't in it. Could you send me your information about them? I can give you mine if you want to. My e-mail is christian.dahlin*multi.fi.

You are probably 3rd cousin to this Alan Johnson!

I hope that we can find his relatives in Finland or Sweden!

Christian Dahlin

June Pelo
12-10-05, 20:16
Christian,

I just send you an ahnentafel and a descendant chart.

June

tportfors
13-10-05, 10:51
Christian,

Just posted you an e-mail

//Thomas

June Pelo
13-10-05, 17:54
Thomas,

Yes, you seem to be linked here, too. Do you have access to the Caino-Torp book? It has the Sudd family in it as well as some Hanstén family data. Perhaps your library will have a copy of the book.

June

bert
25-10-05, 19:21
Hello June and Christian and Pörtfors.
I have the book if you need some information from there.

June Pelo
26-10-05, 00:41
Bert,

Yes, I have a copy of the book. If you'll notice, I did the English translations in the book.

June