PDA

View Full Version : New member - Lovisa and surroundings

Hasse
23-09-03, 13:10
We have a new member from the Lovisa area, Johan Brandt t. Grevnäs. Until now this area has had poor coverage but Johan knows the area well and is willing to be a resourse in that area.

Johan is an egyptologist_- so in case somebody has got even further than Charlemagne and found roots in the ancient Egypt - here is our guy!;) he knows his Kleopatra.

I hope Johan will present himself when he has the time!

June Pelo
23-09-03, 17:31
I was interested in Hasse's comments about new member Johan Brandt and Cleopatra. I helped one of my relatives with his research back to Charlemagne and beyond and I still have some of the data in my files. Maybe we can compare data sometime..

June

kpaavola
24-09-03, 03:21
My wife's lineage goes back to Charlemagne. I recall seeing a website that had lineage from Charlemagne back to Cleopatra. I'll look again to see if I can find it and post it for those curious.

Just for the record, I also recall reading somewhere, but don't recall the details, that the majority of Americans of European descent could most likely descend from Charlemagne.

kpaavola
24-09-03, 03:28
Originally posted by Hasse

Johan is an egyptologist_- so in case somebody has got even further than Charlemagne and found roots in the ancient Egypt - here is our guy!;) he knows his Kleopatra.

How exciting! As a former travel agent, I had the good fortune of traveling to Egypt and visiting ALL the sites. It is one of the most fascinating of all places I've visited.

Not too long ago there was a program on the possible discovery of Nefertiti's mummy. I saw her bust in the museum in Berlin and it is truly entrancing!

kpaavola
24-09-03, 04:09
Here's one site:

http://www.american-pictures.com/genealogy/persons/per01891.htm#0

June Pelo
24-09-03, 18:40
About 15 years ago I received a disk containing the names of descendants of Charlemagne. It's amazing to read the names of a lot of well-known people - and there are a lot who are just ordinary citizens. I have data taking Charlemagne's father's ancestry back about 7 generations to ca 500.

June

Johan
18-12-03, 14:03
Thanks for the welcoming!
Though, I should now say, that it is quite impossible to come genealogically further than the Carolingians. All familytrees going back to times in ancient Egypt must be counted as fantasyproducts. The genealogies of ruling families in ancient Egypt are much debated - that of the Ptolemies especially. There was always the tendency somehow to legitimate the NEW rule i.e. a new dynasty by linking it to the preceding one.

Now one interesting question about Merovingians would be, how the following Carolingians were possibly related to them.
"Sur le premier point, nous rappellerons, que les Carolingiens affirmaient être issus mâles des Mérovingiens, ce qui était faux, car ils étaient très vraisemblablement d'eux en ligne féminine;..."
Les règles de succession a la couronne royale de France. Comte Raoul de Warren Docteur en droit

Johan
19-12-03, 01:14
Je vois, très surpris, que vous avez des informations sur la ligne feminine des mérovingiens.
Mes compliments!
Johan

Jaska Sarell
19-12-03, 02:21
I have a copy of French professor Christian Settipani's book "Nos ancêtres de l'antiquité", where he draws line from Ramses II in 1302-1213 BC through 85 generations to French king Henry I in 1008-1060 AD. Line follows several centuries the kings in Egypt, then jumps to Persia in 500's BC, later to Syria, then Armenia and through Byzantium to France.
I haven't bothered to try to link myself there :-) There might be a few erraneous links... Medieval European kings are interesting enough ;-)

Anyway, welcome Johan! I guess we have some closer ancestors in Pernå. Most of the folks in this forum share common ancestors in Ostrobothnia.

:) Jaska

Johan
19-12-03, 09:15
Âllo Jaakko!
Je te remerci et souhaite, que nos ancêtres communs à Pernå soient connus aussi largement que satisfaisant.
Ton Johan

Jaska Sarell
19-12-03, 10:36
Bonjour Johan!

Je pense que Anglais est le langue officiel ici.
(That's almost all I can construct without a dictionary!)

I suppose that there's no character set for hieroglyphs available. That would beat everybody!

:) Jaska

Johan
19-12-03, 11:17
Oui, je sais, mais nous, qui parlons suédoise en Finlande, savons, que les langues officielles ne sont pas les seules! Je pense...
Et je persiste!
Je t'embrasse fortement
Johan

kpaavola
19-12-03, 14:51
How's this?

:)

Johan
02-02-04, 00:11
Hello!
M- aa (aleph long a) - r - y
Tj- r - i - s - t - m - ' (ayyin - short a) - s
would be the translitteration.
I was in Germany during Christmas, New Year and some time after. Now i can only thank you for remembering me!
The problem would be that the ancient Egyptians also had signs, which had the value of two or three of our alphabet. And the case is going to be even more complicated by the fact, that this name should also mean something in Egyptian - like the name of Twt-'nch-imn - the living image of Amon.
In three thousand and some more years the spelling of words also varied a lot, but the writing (in this case hieroglyphs, because there were also other writing forms in Egypt) did not. It was in some way petrified to a state, which predominated in Middle Egyptian. Grammar did alter although, a lot in fact.
Je vous embrasse fortement
Johan