PDA

View Full Version : Lunquists from Korsnas?

calli
15-11-05, 05:01
Hello, everyone! I'm kinda new to the forum and this may be a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if I could get any info on Sofia and Hugo Lunquist, both from Korsnas, Finland. Unfortunately, I do not have their birth dates, but I know they came to Upper Michigan in the late 1800's. They had a child there named Tillie Lunquist who married a Hilmer Rudenberg (born February 25, 1894).

Any information anyone could find will be greatly appreciated. Thank you much.

--Calli Rudenberg

granskare
15-11-05, 05:18
I found him in Swedish church films that are housed at Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center in Rock Island.

http://www.augustana.edu/swenson/genealogy.html

Swenson 217 = Delta Co, Gladstone First Lutheran

b75u Hugo E. Lundquist Jan 1 1878 Komossa i Oravais unk 217

Slightly different spelling of the surname and he's from the wrong parish but...
he's listed as single. Likely not your guy;
Welcome to sfhs

Chuck
:)

calli
15-11-05, 05:54
Actually, I would not be surprised at all if that is him. My dad's side of the family does has roots in the Delta County area. The info that I put in the above post is from my family's oral history, and that can be a little off. Perhaps they weren't married until they reached the U.S. after all.

I just found on the Delta County genealogy website records of a marriage between a Lundquist, Hugo and Hendrickson, S. I wonder if "S" stands for Sofia? Maybe she is the one from Korsnas? I don't know. Thank you for pointing me in the right(?)direction though with mentioning Delta County. Though now I do wonder if the surname is Lunquist or Lundquist... :)

--Calli Rudenberg