PDA

View Full Version : Church record translation please

D J Granlund
15-12-05, 03:01
If someone would be willing to do a Swedish translaton of a church record entry for me please respond and I will send a jpeg image of the image i got from a LDS microfilm. I can only interpert part of the entry. Thanks!

Hanne
15-12-05, 12:38
hej
I could try to translate... no guarantee, though, not knowing how difficult the handwriting is.
Hanne

D J Granlund
15-12-05, 17:42
I have tried to attach the record twice. I could neither preview it nor send it. I did succesfully send it to myself and it was very readable. The size of the attachment was 332kb so that should not be the issue. If I could privately send it to you that may work. I have a good antivirus program that screens all incoming and outgoing traffic.

Hasse Andtbacka
15-12-05, 18:43
try me on hasse.andtbacka*pp.kpnet.fi

granskare
15-12-05, 20:57
OK, type in the text of what you want to say and at the bottom, you see on the left, far left, it the word Attach. Beneath the text writing box, you will see a smaller box labeled Browse

You must know where the image is on your machine. Find it and load it and voila. Watch this one for Hasse to translate -- just kidding Hasse. I can see p, barn, fdda and the reference to the 1686 date. I found this image at the Finnish archives place - see research sources thread.
When you found it, click it into the window and lower down click submit.

Chuck

Hasse Andtbacka
15-12-05, 21:33
Hielp Jesus p thenna
Christeligen lefva och saligen d...

Help Jesus on this island
us to live in a christian way and die and go to glory...

D J Granlund
15-12-05, 21:57
Thank you Granskare. Unfortunately I did follow your directions and there must be some reasonable explanation as to why I could not complete the task. The size of the file is not too large but I'm not sure the physical size of the image may be the problem.

D J Granlund
15-12-05, 22:26
Hasse Andtbacka, I tried to email the image to you but the address in your message was not accepted as valid so I could not send it. Can you give me an alternative? Thanks.

Hasse Andtbacka
15-12-05, 23:51
The address is OK, but instead of the star you have to put in at.

granskare
16-12-05, 01:32
I will go back to Swenson on Tuesday with my copy of the document and say that I'd been working on it and give your Swedish and your English and say that's about as far as I got.
Then I will confess and they will be astonished at your ability to handle the really old Swedish!
:D

D J Granlund
16-12-05, 06:49
Haase I think I'm losing it. I again tried to email the image to you with the substitution of at for the star and it came back as undeliverable. Any further help?

Hasse Andtbacka
16-12-05, 07:43
Can you give your home email address here, I'll contact you directly.

D J Granlund
16-12-05, 16:42
granbio*earthlink.net

Hasse
16-12-05, 18:29
Originally posted by D J Granlund
Thank you Granskare. Unfortunately I did follow your directions and there must be some reasonable explanation as to why I could not complete the task. The size of the file is not too large but I'm not sure the physical size of the image may be the problem.

Two possible things may have occured if you have tried to attach a picture. 1) the picture file must have the proper ending (.jpg for a jpeg formatted picture, .gif for a GIF file, etc.) Under the "Browse" button you can see what kind of file types can be attached (gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg pdf rtf ged wmp)
2) If you have attached a file and you preview the message before sending some browsers are emtying the file name field - and of course aren't showing the picture. One easy way of doing it it not to previed the message after adding the attachment.

So, simply verify that the document you want to attach is of reasonable size both i kilobytes and inphysical size (I would recommend less then 600 pixels max on both height and width). After adding the message text and adding the attachment just send the message.

It will work!

Note that attached documents without the file type suffix and too large will not be possible to post.

granskare
16-12-05, 20:33
I am still amazed at how quickly you deciphered the old 1686 document.
What was the purpose of the document?

Hasse Andtbacka
16-12-05, 23:23
To me it looks like a prayer.