PDA

View Full Version : John Tuorinen from Viitasaari, Finland to USA

tippi70
16-12-05, 17:05
Hi.

I'm seeking information about my grandmother's uncle John Tuorinen.

He was born 11.04.1885 in Viitasaari, Finland, moved to USA 1903, and disappeared.

From passenger record:

Last name Tuorinen
First names Johannes
Age or age group 18
Port of departure Hanko
Place of destination Ashtabula
State of destination OH
Country of destination USA
Price of ticket FIM 218
Ship from Finland Urania
Date of departure from Finland 15.04.1903
Ship from England Nordland
Date of departure from England 22.04.1903
Ocean Line American Line
Port of departure in England *
List and page 22/76

Nordland sailed then Liverpool-Queenstown-Philadelphia.

Does anybody know something about him? All information is more than welcome.

Tippi from Finland

Karen Norwillo
16-12-05, 19:25
I found one entry on the 1910 Ohio Miracode Index for a John Toroman, Finland, age 24, in the home of George Merrifield (no relation) Mantua Township, Portage County, OH. I tried to look at the actual 1910 census image, but it's such bad quality it's unreadable. The Toroman would be a misspelling and with the quality of the record, I can see why. The only other Tourinen I found was in the 1920 census in Pentland, Luce, MI. Tourinen, John, patient, 47, Finland. But his est. DOB is 1873. He's a patient in the Upper Penninsula Hospital for the Insane. Karen

Alicia
28-12-05, 04:10
Hi
This is one possibility, he states that he came to America in 1902
View Record Name Home in 1920
(City,County,State) Estimated
Birth Year Birthplace Race View Image

View Record John Turanen Fitchburg Ward 3, Worcester, Massachusetts abt 1884 Finland White
View Record Fanny Turanen Fitchburg Ward 3, Worcester, Massachusetts abt 1882 Finland White
View Record John Turanen Fitchburg Ward 3, Worcester, Massachusetts abt 1905 Massachusetts White
View Record Lyloi E Turanen Fitchburg Ward 3, Worcester, Massachusetts abt 1908 Finland White
View Record Hilia Turanen Fitchburg Ward 3, Worcester, Massachusetts abt 1911 Massachusetts White
View Record Wilma Turanen Fitchburg Ward 3, Worcester, Massachusetts abt 1913 Massachusetts White

Alicia