PDA

View Full Version : Puranen - Jyväskylän mrsk

klyne
12-01-06, 20:33
I am looking for info on Johan Hjalmar Puranen b.May 1, 1883 Jyväskylän mrsk, FIN to David Puranen and Wilhelmina Harju. HISKI also lists the following siblings:
Lyyli Emelia b. May 20, 1881
Karl Albert b. Aug. 1, 1885
Hilda Maria b. Mar. 25, 1889
Olga Amanda b. Oct. 26, 1891

Johan (John) Puranen married Sanna Liisa (Elizabeth) Talso on June 17, 1909 in Quincy, MA, USA. They had 3 daughters - Mary (b 1909 in Quincy), Connie (b 1913 in Vermont) and Aune (b ?).

I have not been able to find an initial record for Johan's emmigration on the Institute of Migration. 3 of his siblings are listed there - Karl 1907, Hilda 1909, Olga 1910 - who all went to their brother Johan in Quincy, MA. The 1910 census says he immigrated in 1907 and on a Boston ship record from 1912, he is listed as coming previously in 1905. If the Migration Institute does not have a record of his emmigration, what are the other possibilities of his coming to America?

John Puranan and daughter Aune disappeared from the USA somewhere between 1913 and 1920. The 1920 census lists Elizabeth as a widow and in 1930 she is single and both in her maiden name of Talso. I have contacted Quincy and Barre, VT and neither have a death record for Johan.

It is possible that Johan went back to Finland and also that Aune was with him as she was living there as Aune Rosti when Elizabeth died in 1974.

If anyone has any info on the David and Wihelmina Puranen family from Jyväskylän mrsk (poss. originally from Kivijarvi) I would appreciate it.

Any info on Aune (Puranen) Rosti would also be appreciated as she is the only known family connection in Finland. She had at least 2 sons.

Thank you - Wilma.