PDA

View Full Version : Nyberg

June Pelo
11-02-06, 21:00
I have a request for help finding the parents and ancestors of Oskar Emil Nyberg, b. 1 Nov 1866, Raahe. All we know is that his mother's name was Anna Liisa. Oskar emigrated to America 1892. Does anyone have access to Raahe records?

June

Nyberg Ernst
14-02-06, 23:26
I live far away from Raahe, but I will try to get information about Oskar Emil Nyberg.

June Pelo
15-02-06, 02:46
Thank you, Ernst. I have managed to find a little about Oskar in the US, but had no luck trying to find him in Finland.

June

Nyberg Ernst
15-02-06, 21:04
I have today talked with Raahe parish register about Oskar Emil Nyberg, born 1 November 1866. On that day there was born a Frans Oskar Nyberg, but no Oskar Emil. They also told, that an Emil Nyberg from the USA has been in direct contact with them and asked for descendants to Oskar Emil / Frans Oskar. Some information was sent to him by e-mail last week, so at this stage there is obviously no need for me to continue.
In 1999 I was contacted by a Emil Edward Nyberg who then was searching for a Oskar J. Nyberg, born about 1873. Then I could not find anything. Hope he has now found the right track.

June Pelo
16-02-06, 02:58
Ernst,

Thank you very much for your efforts. I did not realize that Emil was going to contact Raahe for information - he didn't tell me. And the names of Oskar seems to have been mixed up. Well, anyway he seems to be on the track and will get the information that he seeks.

June