..You may be addicted to genealogy if..
you'd rather go to a cemetery than a mall
you brake for libraries
you hyperventilate at the site of an old cemetery
you think every home should have a microfilm reader
you know every town clerk in your state by name
you get locked in the library over night and never even notice
you are more interested in what happened in 1706 than 2006
you store your clothes under your bed..the closet is carefully stocked with notebooks and journals
you can pinpoint Harrietsham, Hawkhurst and Kent on a map of England, but can not locate Topeka Kansas
You've traced some of your ancestors back to Adam and Eve, have it documented and still do not want to quit

A woman from the deepest, most southern part of Alabama goes into the local newspaper office to see that the obituary for her recently deceased husband is written. The obit editor informs her that the fee for the obituary is 50 cents a word.

She pauses, reflects and then says, "Well, then, let it read, 'Billy Bob died'."

Amused at the woman's thrift, the editor says, "Sorry ma'am, there is a 7 word minimum on all obituaries."

Only a little flustered, she thinks things over and in a few seconds says, "In that case, let it read, 'Billy Bob died - 1983 Pick-up for sale.'"

A scientist had developed his own ultra high speed computer and was attempting to market
it himself. He went to a prominent company and brought the computer into the CEO's office.
The scientist gave his presentation to the busy executive and asked him to pose any
question he desired to the computer.

The CEO said, "OK, where's my father?" The computer replied that the man's father was
fishing in Minnesota. The executive laughed and told the scientist to leave. "My father
has been dead for 20 years." The scientist asked for a second chance and said perhaps
the phrasing of the question caused the computer to err. If the CEO would rephrase the
question, the scientist believed the computer would answer correctly.

"So, where is my mother's husband?" the CEO asked. The computer responded, "Your mother's
husband died 20 years ago; your father just landed a five pound trout."

br,

Juha