PDA

View Full Version : A Priest, a Pentecostal Preacher and a Rabbi

Denise
26-04-06, 04:45
A Priest, a Pentecostal Preacher and a Rabbi all served as chaplains to the students of N.M.U. in Marquette, Mi. One day, someone made a comment that preaching to people isn't all that hard, and a real challenge would be to preach to a bear. They decided to go to the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and convert it. Seven days later they met to discuss the experience. Father Flannery, arm in a sling, on crutches, goes first. "Well," he says, "I went into the woods to find me a bear. When I found him I began to read from the catechism. The bear wanted nothing to do with me, and slapped me around. I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him, & Holy Mother of God he became gentle as lamb". Reverend Billy Bob spoke next from a wheelchair, arms & legs in casts with an IV drip. In his best fire & brimstone oratory he claimed "Well, brothers, you KNOW we don't SPRINKLE! I went out, found me a bear, & read from God's Holy Word! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I took hold of him & we began to wrestle down one hill and up another until we came to a creek, and I quick dunked him & baptized his hairy soul! And he became gentle as a lamb". They both looked down at the Rabbi in a hospital bed, body cast, traction, & IV's. He was in bad shape. The Rabbi looks up and says, "Looking back on it, circumcision may not have been the best way to start things with my bear".

Denise :D