PDA

View Full Version : Demographic statistics

June Pelo
09-10-03, 00:41
I have received the following request and hope someone on this list can answer - either on the list or write direct to this person:

I wonder if you can help this octogenarian. "Somewhere ", and I can't remember where, I came across some very interesting demographic statistics concerning the Swedes who migrated from Sweden to Ostrobothnia and brought with them some strong traits which resulted in a longer life span, a lower disease rate, and a low divorce rate and in general were "ready " for tougher, more positive living among the native Finlanders of the region. I have hunted "high and low" with an empty "hook with each cast". Any reply will be appreciated.

"Tusen tack"

W.G.Wright
WRIGHTPSA8617%40aol.com

June

Hasse
09-10-03, 18:55
Fjalar Finnäs has done some research in this field. One report is found on internet at this address (http://www.demographic-research.org/volumes/vol7/3/7-3.pdf) .

The report is a PDF document which requires Acrobat Reader installed in your computer.

June Pelo
09-10-03, 20:37
Thanks, Hasse. I've passed the information along.

June

Hasse
10-10-03, 08:01
Thanks Fjalle for joining.

Could you share some light regarding research you have done. Some material is on the web, mostly in Swedish I believe.

June Pelo
10-10-03, 18:08
Interesting to see the name Fjalar. I had a cousin Fjalar Stenmark from Karleby who moved to Sweden. The name isn't seen very often, so it's good to see that the name is still used. Many people (Americans) don't know how to pronounce it.

June