PDA

View Full Version : Kalliaisenaho?

sanjoh
24-06-06, 10:47
Anyone have more information?

I found some info where I found my fathersfather Hille Kalliaisenaho, his siblings and parents.

June Pelo
24-06-06, 16:45
Have you found this website - it mentions Hille:
http://www.paijanne.com/kuolajarvi/tilaluettelo/niskala_B.htm

June

sanjoh
24-06-06, 17:25
Yes, it's because of that page I'm here:-)

My father didn't remember what Hilles fathers name was so I could call him a week ago and tell him. I am named after Hilles mother Susanna.

Hille and his wife Taimi moved to Sweden and brought their 9 children with them (Taimi had 3 more). Hille died in my parents home before I was born.

I don't have any records of Hilles siblings children. And no further then his parents.

Thank you June

sanjoh
26-06-06, 07:40
When my grandmother died a building of somesort was sold in Salla. When I searched the EllisIsland records I found out that it was a farm name (tilannimi) TAKALA 10:4.

Does anyone know where in Salla this is? Or how I could find out?

Thanks

Karen Norwillo
26-06-06, 18:51
I have a copy of a piece of a 1939 map of Salla that my cousin sent me which shows the location of a Reeti Kalliaisenaho farm. It is right next to the farm of my Sulasalmi grandfather's father. His farm no longer stands, but I don't know about the Kalliaisenaho farm. I could ask my cousin to find out where to locate this map. I only have a very small area, so maybe more info is on the entire map. If you'd like a copy of the piece I have, send me your email.
My grandfather was the nephew of Johan Erkki Sulasalmi and his wife Kreeta Karoliina Kalliaisenaho.
Karen

sanjoh
27-06-06, 15:21
Jumping up and down, so happy you have that map. I sent you an email.

If it's no trouble I would love it if you passed the question on to your cousin about the entire map.:D

Do you have any more info on children to Johan Erkki and Kreeta Karoliina?

Hugs Sanna

Karen Norwillo
27-06-06, 15:52
As far as the information I have from my cousin Paivi, Johan Erkki Sulasalmi and Kreeta Karoliina Kalliaisenaho only had one child, Matti Eemeli Sulasalmi, born 14 Oct 1884 and died 21 Apr 1970. His parents drowned in Lake Kuolajärvi while returning from a trip to the other side of the lake. I have a short story on Finlander about the incident. I will get together the info I have and email it to you. Matti and my grandfather Gabriel were cousins. Small world. Was Kreeta a relation to Reeta Kalliaisenaho? I will contact my cousin Reijo in Rovaniemi and see where the whole map can be found. Karen

sanjoh
27-06-06, 18:45
I have no info on a Kreeta, could very well be a sibling to Reeta or a cousin. Reeta is at the top of my family tree.

I talked to my mother and found out more about the Farm name TAKALA. My grandmother was married before my grandfather so that property comes from her first husband Hannes Lampela.

Yepp, the world is sure small:)

Sanna

Karen Norwillo
14-07-06, 23:20
Sanna,
I heard from my cousin and he will send the info to me as soon as he returns from a trip down to Southern Finland. In the meantime, check out http://www.salla.fi/kuolajarvenhistoria The site is in Finnish, but if you click on talot.kylän kartta, you will find the 1939 map of old Salla, Kuolajärvi. I saw 2 Kalliaisenaho farms on it.
Karen

sanjoh
16-07-06, 12:54
I so stink at reading finnish so I couldn't find the map when I saw that the link you gave me didn't work.

Could you please try to find the link again?

Thanks

Sanna

Karen Norwillo
16-07-06, 17:31
Sanna,
Try the above link again. My error, I put an "e" where an "a" should be. I tried it from the posting and it worked. Don't forget to click on the talot.kylän kartta on the left. The map takes awhile to download, so be patient.
Karen

sanjoh
21-07-06, 13:05
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

I even found a recipe of my favorite dish "Kampsut" when growing up.