PDA

View Full Version : Surname Jernfors

Tuuliainen
28-06-06, 18:50
I am looking for my grandfather's sister. Her name was Hedvig Jernfors. She was born 19.12.1974 in Finland, Pyhäjärvi.
Acording to the Institute of Migration she left to America from Finland 7.9.1910.
First the ship went to England and sailed from the to America 13.9.1910 the ship was Ivernia/cunard Line.
Her destination was Worcester MA.
I did not found her from the Ellis Island pages, maybe she game to some other harbour.
If someone has any information about her I would be very thankful.
Did she marry her, had she children (their names and birthdays) when did se die.

klyne
28-06-06, 19:39
This could be your Hedvig.

Boston Passenger Lists
Name: Hedvig Jernfors
Arrival Date: 22 Sep 1910
Relative: sister Riika Jernfors - Isokatu 18, Oulo
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1877
Born: Oulu, Finland
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
Ship Name: Ivernia
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name: Liisi Niemi - 10 Limwood St. Worcester
Last Residence: Finland
Prev. in USA 1901-1909

Liisi Niemi is listed as the wife of Frank Niemi at 10 Limwood St., Wor. in the 1910 census.

Hope this helps - Wilma

Tuuliainen
01-07-06, 11:51
Originally posted by Tuuliainen
I am looking for my grandfather's sister. Her name was Hedvig Jernfors. She was born 19.12.1974 in Finland, Pyhäjärvi.
Acording to the Institute of Migration she left to America from Finland 7.9.1910.
First the ship went to England and sailed from the to America 13.9.1910 the ship was Ivernia/cunard Line.
Her destination was Worcester MA.
I did not found her from the Ellis Island pages, maybe she game to some other harbour.
If someone has any information about her I would be very thankful.
Did she marry her, had she children (their names and birthdays) when did se die.

Tuuliainen
01-07-06, 11:59
Thank's Wilma
I think that this is right person. Hedvig's sisters name was Eriika and she lived in Oulu, so maybe it was written Riika.

If someone has some more information about Hedvig It would be very nice.
Thank's