PDA

View Full Version : Help with Finnish language



Debbie-1
08-08-06, 00:17
Hi my name is Debbie and my grandmother is of Finnish descent
I have been on the HISKI site and am running into problems
understanding some of the words or their meaning.
Can someone please explain TALLKOMM or ALKRUPKOMM does
this mean they came from somewhere else. Also I think I many have found my great-great-great grandmother but in the father's
section it says Mannen bor skildfran hemma erkant skriflig barnet
vara sitt. Can someone please explain.:confused:

Juha
08-08-06, 07:51
TALLKOM and ALKPRKOM

TALLKOM = comments by the saver (a man or a woman who transfer text from the original file) - a saver could eg. explain that the original text was overwritten or very unclear or something like that

ALKPRKOM = comments from the original document


Hope this helps - someone may have more information about this


Juha

Hasse
08-08-06, 08:01
Originally posted by Debbie-1
Mannen bor skildfran hemma erkant skriflig barnet
vara sitt. Can someone please explain.:confused:

The Swedish text as a quick and dirty translation:

"The male is living outside the home but has agreed to being the father"

Debbie-1
09-08-06, 00:34
Originally posted by Juha
TALLKOM and ALKPRKOM

TALLKOM = comments by the saver (a man or a woman who transfer text from the original file) - a saver could eg. explain that the original text was overwritten or very unclear or something like that

ALKPRKOM = comments from the original document


Hope this helps - someone may have more information about this


Juha

Debbie-1
09-08-06, 00:36
Originally posted by Hasse
The Swedish text as a quick and dirty translation:

"The male is living outside the home but has agreed to being the father"