PDA

View Full Version : Be careful what you wish for...

Paivi T
19-09-06, 12:33
A married couple on the far side of their sixties were celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary in a romantic restaurant.

Suddenly a beautiful fairy appeared and said:
- Because you've been such an examplary couple and you've always been faithful to each other, I shall grant each of you a wish.

The wife said:
- Oh, I'd love to travel around the world with my darling husband!

The fairy waved her magical wand and poof, suddenly the couple found t ickets for a luxury cruise in their hands.

Then it was the husband's turn. He sat in thought for a moment, then said:
- Well, it would be romantic, but this kind of an opportunity won't happen again, so, sorry darling, but I'd like a wife 30 years younger than I am.

The wife and fairy were both very disappointed, but a wish is a wish.
The fairy waved her magical wand, and poof, the husband instantly
aged to a 92-year-old.

The lesson? Men who are ungrateful p*s should remember that
fairies are women. :D

Paivi T
19-09-06, 12:37
...the couple found two ******s for a luxury cruise in their hands.

Don't know why the word '******s' keeps turning into stars, and for some reason I cannot fix it through edit. It pretends to save the change, but then it's *****s again. Beats me.

Päivi

Paivi T
19-09-06, 12:39
Drat, it did it again! What is it with the word t-i-c-k-e-t, is it banned or something?

Hasse
19-09-06, 14:33
Sorry guys and gals. All this is because of me. Our friend the spammer March 23rd has a limited vicabulary - to which "t i c k e t" belongs. In addition the following words have been added... Well - you won't see them because they will show as stars...

"* ****** ****** ******* ***** ********* ***** ******** ********* **** ******* ****** ****** ******* ******* **** ****** ***** ****** ***** ******* **** ******* ***** ****** *****"

All words have to do with medication and different businesses spammers are promoting.

Sorry if I son't make your life easier... Don't shoot the piano player...

Hasse

Paivi T
19-09-06, 17:10
That's alright, Hasse. After a couple of failed edit-and-save rounds I figured it might be the case, that you might have created a list of banned words. And just as well, considering the number of recent spam attempts. I reckon everyone on the Forum is happy for you to do whatever it takes to keep pests away.

:)

Päivi

Alice Finnerty
20-09-06, 03:12
I agree with Paivi - I appreciate all you do!
Thanks from this end of the planet :)
Alice

sune
20-09-06, 08:11
What has this world come to when t*ck*t has become a dirty word? It has six letters, not four!

What's next? "Bullfighting" has got new meaning.

May the spammers rot in h*ll together with all the virus makers.

Sune

Gwenda
20-09-06, 19:57
I didn't see stars at all in the original joke. The word "******" appeared plain as anything, as it just has again. Thought the joke was good too. :confused:

Oh well, now I am happy. The "t" word came out OK my end, but not after I pressed the submit button, so have just edited message. I'm happy now.

Hasse
21-09-06, 09:30
Originally posted by sune
What has this world come to when t*ck*t has become a dirty word? It has six letters, not four!

What's next? "Bullfighting" has got new meaning.

May the spammers rot in h*ll together with all the virus makers.

Sune

T*cket is not a dirty word, but the current dirtbag is trying to post links to sites selling dru-gs, pi-lls, tic-kets, po-rn, etc. This way I'm trying to destroy the links straight off. - This at least for some time - maybe one can remove these words from the blocking mechanism after some while.

Seems like the dirtbag has become less active just now. Only one registration so far this day...

Let us hope that Archangel Gabriel has the long list of this dirtbag's sins when he eventually knocks on the gates to Heaven...